5. New Teachers and New Beginnings

So Cal's and Luke's outfits are up top! Peace, love, and sass🤘
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ashton's POV

Not having his children with him is something Ashton hated, because he knows the evil of the world, hell he is part of the evil. But leaving his children at their school is both helpful and worrisome. On one side, he can focus on the gang and the new pressing issues at hand. On the other, Ashton can never truly focus when Destiny and Ezekiel aren't within eyesight of him.

However with a new threat brewing, school is the perfect place for them to be. Only members of the gang can pick them up in the afternoons and the school has an amazing program for gifted children. Or at least, that's what Ashton keeps telling himself as he pulls into the Elementary school parking lot. But there was more to it than that. For the twins, school was like the first rain after a drought. Destiny and Ezekiel craved learning, even at their young age. What type of father would Ashton be if he didn't encourage their drive to learn? As it is, Ashton feels bad enough with the life they are forced to live because of him.

Sadly he can't just tuck them under his arms and protect them forever. He doesn't have the power, or money, to just put  the twins and the rest of the gang on a plane and fly them as far away as possible. So, he has to do what he does have the power to do. He protects them, and part of protecting them is letting the go to school. That's why Ashton finds himself walking up the sidewalk with Ezekiel on his hip, typing away on Ash's phone and Destiny walking along side him, holding his hand. Both children with tiny black backpacks on their backs.

Being that the twins are so young, Ashton gets to walk them all the way to their classroom. As they enter the building Ashton remembers that he needs to speak with their teacher Mrs. Peterson, an elderly woman who also happens to be Michael's grandmother, about keeping an eye out for anyone suspicious.

As the three turn down the hall headed to the twin's classroom, Ashton was surprised to see two young men about his age standing outside the classroom door. Ashton eyed the men suspiciously, both of which were smiling happily at each other. The first of which was slightly tanner with brown curly hair and deep chocolate eyes. The other, taller of the two, fair skinned and blonde with bright blue eyes. Even with their striking differences there was a likeness to the two of them.

Suddenly Destiny dropped her father's hand, runs up to the curly haired man and slightly tugs on his jeans. Bending down he smiles at the young girl.

"Good morning Ms. Destiny, how are you today?" he asks while picking her up and sitting her on his hip.

"Hello, I'm doing well today sir, thank you for asking," Destiny replied in a quiet voice.

Ashton hurries forward to patronize his daughter for running off like that, but before he can, she climbes into his free arm and says, " Daddy, I'm sorry I ran off, but this is Mr. Hood." In a low voice that only Ashton could hear, she added, "He's safe, Michael checked." 

Sensing Ashton's distress, Mr. Hood cleared his throat, "I'm sorry sir please allow me to introduce myself, I'm Calum, Calum Hood. I'm the teacher of our gifted and talented program here. And may I add that Destiny and Ezekiel are two of my brightest students." Gestering to man beside him, Calum adds, "This here is my twin brother Luke Hemmings, he's going to be the new primary teacher because it seems Mrs. Peterson broke a hip last week playing bingo."

"Uh... Hi there Mr. Hood. I'm Ashton, Destiny and Ezekiel's father. It's nice to finally meet you properly, Destiny keeps telling me about you. All good things" Ashton says while setting the twins down to shake both Calum and Luke's hand.

"Sorry about the confusion, I get a little paranoid is all. I'm not usually the one that bring them to school in the mornings, usually its my friend Michael."

Bending down to hug the twins, Ashton tells them, "Be good today guys, Zeke call me or Michael if anything weird happens and Desy remember to always watch your brother's back."

"Good bye Daddy, see you later!"

"Yeah Daddy, We wove you."

Ashton stuck his fist out for the twins to tap with their little fists, with one last hug Ashton released the twin, who quickly ran into the classroom, and rose back up to his feet.

"Either myself or a guy named Michael Clifford will be here to pick them up this afternoon. Call me if they have any problems. Also Mr. Hemmings, the twins and I like your flannel," he winked then turned towards the exit of the school and walked away.

After Ashton turned the corner, Calum turned to his brother, who looked like he was in awe, and laughed. "Luke, I know he was a little attractive, but do try to pick your mouth up off the ground, you've got kids to teach."

"First of all, he was way more than a little attractive, Cal. But yeah okay, go be a teacher, I'll see you later," with a playful shove to Calum's shoulder Luke turned to walking into his classroom.