𝙫𝙞. hollywood ready

( CHAPTER SIX: HOLLYWOOD READY )February, 1989

READY )
February, 1989

❝ You know, I'm startin' to get a hang
of all this hollywood biz. ❞

Provocatively, a series of pins jabbed Devon mistakenly in the leg as he tried to not shift under the concentration of the designers, who hemmed his loose jacket close towards his torso, hugging his snatched physique in a more flattering way.

Costume fitting was never something that he liked, mainly because the selected ensemble for the video was the most uncomfortable outfit he has ever worn. Devon swore, it was so tight, he felt as though he was losing weight just by standing there, his reflection brutally showing his reddened face from the lack of oxygen.

"I know it's a lil' snug hun, but you'll get used to it," the designer kept muttering, the slim thread dangling between her teeth muffling her words. Devon held his breath, grunting softly as they strapped the outfit tighter and tighter, so much that he could spot the outline of his muscles through his outfit. "There, that's perfect."

"I-I can't... Breathe," Devon said through one gulp of much needed air, his hands clutching the buckles as some form of fortitude. Rolling her eyes, the designer patted him on his broad shoulder, "You ain't the first one who's said that." Devon couldn't hide his blunt glare are her insensitive comment, but he held his tongue, since he certainly didn't want to be perceived as a diva, as the industry liked to put it.

So, sucking up the pain, Devon wobbled out of the room, the smothering stench of that room maybe something that contributed to his loss of breath, but all in all, his outfit was dangerously restricting. Admittedly, Devon admired how striking it actually looked, the military-themed clothes tainted black to convey mystery and power.

Its symbolism was almost beautifully poetic, and if Devon wasn't being suffocated against his will, he might've venerated with it more. "You're lookin' good, Emmet," Jimmy – another dancer Devon had met – mused, galloping by the younger boy's side so that the two walked in a symmetrical pattern.

"What's up Jimmy?" Devon grinned as the two entered the separate department that led towards the set. It was the first day of filming and Devon had yet to wrap his head around the whole fiasco. He'd worked to the bone to achieve a wider understanding of the dance, which progressively became easier and easier the more he practiced. However, it was still remained technically difficult.

Janet herself even struggled from what he's heard, not that he's ever actually conversed with the girl ever since he first introduced himself. It was only appropriate, since Devon didn't want any distractions when dealing with this complicated routine. "Nothin' much, these outfits look fly as hell," Jimmy mused as he grinned down at his stylish outfit.