Chapter 36

CHAPTER XXXVI

I decided to be happy today. That no matter happens, whatever awkward situations I’ll experience, I should just think about myself. It’s my birthday after all.

That’s what I told myself after the whole Derek incident infront of our house. I don’t really know why I did that. Why I hugged him and whispered Derek in his ears. Whatever, I should just enjoy today.

We just finished our Chemistry exam when Derek excused himself. He said he has some other stuff to do for today. Good for him, he only has Chemistry. I still have Filipino and English later.

I decided to kill time in the cafeteria. And maybe become a good student and study a little bit.

I was walking along the school hallways when an announcement was blasted.

Insert static sound here

“Good day everyone! I just would like to greet someone a happy birthday…”

“Hoy! Anong ginagawa mo diyan?” someone from the background shouted.

“And this song clearly depicts what I feel for you”

I'm gonna pick up the pieces,

And build a Lego house

If things go wrong we can knock it down

My three words have two meanings,

There's one thing on my mind

It's all for you

And it's dark in a cold December, but I've got you to keep me warm

If you're broken I will mend you and I'll keep you sheltered from the storm that's raging on now

Some freshman boy walked to me and gave a red rose.

I'm out of touch, I'm out of love

I'll pick you up when you're getting down

And out of all these things I've done I think I love you better now

And then a girl did the same thing and gave me another rose.

I'm out of sight, I'm out of mind

I'll do it all for you in time

And then another one.

And out of all these things I've done I think I love you better now, now

I'm gonna paint you by numbers

And colour you in

And another.

If things go right we can frame it and put you on a wall

And it's so hard to say it but I've been here before

And then another.

Now I'll surrender up my heart

And swap it for yours

One of the people that gave me a rose was Mikita. She kissed my cheek and greeted me a happy birthday.

I'm out of touch, I'm out of love

I'll pick you up when you're getting down

And out of all these things I've done I think I love you better now

I'm out of sight, I'm out of mind

I'll do it all for you in time

And out of all these things I've done I think I love you better now

The roses just kept piling in while the song was playing.

And out of all these things I've done I will love you better now.

The song ended and I counted all the roses given to me. 16.

I looked up and saw the culprit. He was smirking at me again as usual. And in his hand is another rose.

He started walking towards me. And I swear to all Greek gods and goddesses it was like he was walking in slow motion.

He stopped infront of me and gave me the last rose.

“Happy Birthday, Annie” he whispered to me.

I couldn’t move. I couldn’t speak. I don’t know why. It was like part of me wanted to hug him or kiss him or maybe even slap him for embarrassing me. I really wanted to do something about the situation we are in but I my body defied me. It was like my soul left me and was shocked herself.

He didn’t even touch me. He was just there with his head lowered down so he could whisper those words to my ear. Our bodies were just inches away from one another but I swear I could feel static electricity between us. He is the only one that can make me feel like this.

I think he felt it too because he backed away. He stood up straight and looked at me. And then did what he usualy does, he smirked.

I responded by raising my left eyebrow at him.

He laughed a little this time. I couldn’t help but smile myself.

He turned his back and started walking away.

I just looked at him walking away, still smiling.

He turned his head one last time and said something I will never forget.

“I was serious with that phone call, Annie. I am not holding back anymore”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Confused rin ako. TeamEvan or TeamDerek? Abangan...