Chapter 45

Author's note: Hello guys! Sorry for the late update. Just got back from a travel abroad. Here's an intense chapter for you. Hope you'll love it! I'm gonna update again before this week ends. xo

CHAPTER XV

I continued dancing with Derek until the song was finished before we changed partners and I danced for one song with Ryu while he danced with Mikita.

I was having fun with my friends but I can’t help but feel guilty towards what Derek just told me. I decided, however, to just postpone until maybe tomorrow before I talk to Derek about Evan and me. I want him to have a memorable night with me and our friends. I don’t think breaking his heart is a good idea.

I didn’t even notice my feet were already aching until I excused myself to go to the ladies’ room. Why in the world were high heels invented? Sure they are pretty, but they really are painful! Not to mention my dress wasn’t exactly helpful with my bladder needs. I was sweating hard from just peeing!

I was about to go out from the stall when I heard a familiar voice.

“Who the bloody hell does he think he is?!”

I heard the sound of something breaking and a few more cursing followed.

“As useful as tits on a bull!”

“Tosser!”

I guess I couldn’t handle the swearing added with the heat due to my gown that I opened the door of my stall and barged out, not caring anymore.

“Would you look at that, the little slag was eavesdropping as usual”

I glared at her in response and proceeded to arrange my dress.

“I can’t believe he’d rather be with someone like you”

Her statement caught me off guard but I decided to ignore her.

“Tell me, what did you do to him that made him choose you over his family?”

I still didn’t answer her and went for the door.

“Pft. What the bloody hell does he see in you anyway?” she added before she faced the mirror and put on more lipstick.

“I guess it’s something you don’t have, Oriana” I finally spoke before leaving the room.

I was smiling like an idiot as I was walking back towards the party. I couldn’t help but feel proud at what I just did to Oriana. Although I was a little disturbed by everything she mentioned.

Choosing me over his family? What does she mean? I need to consult Evan immediately.

And as if on cue, a hand suddenly pulled me away and we entered a small room. I observed the room at once. I think it’s the hotel manager’s small office.

“Evan, nakakagulat ka naman!” I screamed at him.

He replied with a smirk. Why does he always do this?!

“What are we doing here? Hahanapin ako nila Derek!”

At the mention of Derek’s name, his devilish smile was gone and he lowered his head, hiding his sad reaction.

“I...I mean I don’t want them to worry…and I kind of promised him this night…” I explained.

“What…what about me?” he whispered.

I half-smiled at his jealousy. I reached for his hand and touched it. He responded by looking at me in the eyes.

I could feel the electricity between us. The tension that I’ve never felt with anyone else. The thing that only Evan can make me feel.