Two Days After The Disaster (Michael)

Trigger Warning: Self harm & anxiety attacks

I woke up with a sleepy Jeremy snuggled into me. He was smiling drowsily at his dream; I was hoping it was good. I stood up and Jeremy's arms reached out for me.

"Michael. Stay here." I giggled and checked my hair in the tiny mirror and rearranged my twisted up jacket.

"Sorry Jer." I walked out the door.

"Hey. Try to get up okay?" I added to Jeremy, stepping out the door. I walked into the main room and saw Christine already awake and standing on one of watchtower like things on the door.

"CAPTAIN!" Christine waved to me and I waved back.

"Have you seen anything new out there?" She nodded and I climbed up the ladder. I looked out on the outside world and it was already utterly destroyed. There were people scattered around the warehouse and in the streets. I watched as a desperate little boy ran past but got attacked by one of the people.

"No.." Christine muttered. She cursed under her breath which I had never heard her do.

"There was nothing we could do. DAMN IT THERE WAS NOTHING WE COULD DO!" Christine sat on the ground and I crouched by her.

"I'm sorry Christine. I promise it'll be okay..we're safe right?" She only nodded and went down the ladder, leaving me alone. I looked back outside at the destroyed town. Mind controlled people wandered through the streets. They looked like zombies and not happy at all. They all were completely brainwashed but I wanted to snap all of them out of it, save them, bring them in but I can't. Jeremy has the Squip still in his brain but it is unbelievably weak.

"Michael!" Someone called from below. I turned around and saw Brooke standing at the foot of the doors.

"Do you want me to take your place? Me and Christine we kinda discussed and we wanted to be the look out." I smiled. Finally they got the message of teamwork.

"Uh. Sure. I need to check up on Jeremy anyways." Brooke smiled and I climbed down the ladder.

"Thanks Brooke." She nodded and nudged me.

"You go check on your boyfriend." I felt my face turn red.

"He isn't my boyfriend." Brooke rolled her eyes and climbed up the ladder. Is that what everyone thought me and Jeremy were? Boyfriends? I mean I wouldn't mind but I don't know...Jeremy isn't gay.

"Knock knock." I said before walking into the room me and Jeremy slept in. Jeremy was getting dressed and squeaked when I walked in. He covered his chest with his shirt.

"Calm dude it's just me." I giggled. I sat on the bed and stared at Jeremy's bare back.

"D-do you mind?" Jeremy said and I shook my head.

"No not at all." Jeremy blushed and pulled on the rest of his shirt.

"I didn't know you brought more clothes." I said and covered my eyes, peaking at him playfully.

"I didn't I just...I wanted to check up on myself." I stood up and walked over to him. I pulled off his shirt with great difficulty because he was fighting me. I looked at his chest and his stomach; they had scars on them. I ran my fingers over them, getting pushed away from Jeremy.

"THAT HURT! AND ALSO NO HOMO!!" He squeaked and pulled on his shirt again.

"Old or recent?" Jeremy looked at me and cocked his head.

"The scars." He kinda looked down in shame.

"Recent. They healed though." I sighed and walked out the room. Jeremy always had anxiety and insecurities and self harmed. I was afraid it'd only get worse because of the disaster. Rich was in the kitchen, eating something and looked away. I stepped into the kitchen and grabbed an apple and walked out.