One Day After Disaster (Jeremy)

"Jeremy." I stirred.

"JEREMY!" Christine was shaking me. I had fallen asleep after crying the entire rest of the day.

"Christine?" I sat up and Michael was laying beside me. He had cold, wet rag on his forehead.

"What's up?" Christine pointed over to the entrance doors. Everyone was yelling at each other.

"They've been at each other's throats since this morning." Jeremy stood up and walked over to the group.

"JEREMY! TELL THEM I SHOULD BE THE LEADER!" Rich shook my shoulders and Brooke pushed him aside.

"I am way more mature than you midget. I should lead!" Jake shoved Brooke.

"DON'T PUSH MY BOYFRIEND!" Chloe pounced on Jake and they started fighting on the ground. Christine stayed quiet because she was neutral.

"You guys. YOU GUYS!" I screamed and everyone stood still and looked at me.

"Fighting isn't gonna help! This is what the Squip wants!" I explained and Chloe got off of Jake and went over to Brooke. Jake went over to Rich and hugged him.

"It really doesn't matter who leads or not. It matters that we stick together. Let's wait till Micha wakes up. He seems to know more about this than all of us combined." I sighed.

"Until then, explore. I'm going to secure all the entrances. Christine," I turned to her and she piped up, "come with me." She skipped behind me while the other's looked around.

"So Jeremy, are you in charge now?" I kinda breathed in heavily.

"I was going to elect Michael as the leader. He knows a lot more about..them than me." I looked forward and Christine stood by me. We got to the main two doors and pulled down the two big steel levers that locked the doors. I walked back and stood in front of them again.

"Christine look." I pointed to two ladders leading up to a little room.

"Those look like watch towers." Christine walked over to a ladder and started climbing up it.

"JEREMY! YOU WERE RIGHT!" Christine hollered down at me while she slid down the ladder.

"They are! You can see outside too." She trailed off. I sighed and held back a couple tears.

"Let's go check on Michael." Christine only nodded and followed me. We made it over to where Michael was laying and he hadn't moved.

"I worry for him. He seemed so traumatized when he walked up to my door. I could see it in his eyes." Christine said.

"You should've seen him that morning. He stood up and just looked around the room and grabbed all his stuff. He left his family behind without a moments hesitation. He was the bravest that day." I kinda just stared at his unconscious state. Christine was looking at me and giggled.

"No homo right Jer?" I snapped out of my trance and nudged her with my elbow.

"NO! I mean yes n-no homo." Christine rolled her eyes.

"Jeremy I know you're gay. You don't have to hold that back from me." I blushed hard and just let go of my thoughts.

"I loved Michael ever since I met him but I couldn't come out to anyone one because my family is homophobic. Well I'm bisexual so you know...I..I thought Michael and mine's friendship would probably die because he's gay and a guy and it'd be awkward." Christine was giggling and mumbling something herself.

"What?" I looked at Christine and she smiled.

"Someone owes me some money. BROOKE!!" I scoffed and she skipped off to where Brooke and Chloe headed. Michael shifted and I shot my eyes to his form.