Getting Involved Part 2

The time flew by, you and Peter hung out more. Shelley asked you to help her out with some homework from time to time, but only ever on campus. Roman would talk to you a few times a day, he even stopped by your work a few times. Sometimes you found yourself waiting in anticipation for his green eyes to come around the corner or peek over your locker. It was nice to finally have a life start taking shape and those who were in it...made it better. Soon the day of the full moon arrived and your excitement grew to see if your friend actually changed or not. You ate your apple and headed outside, Peter was leaning against the stone wall so you walked over, smiling at him. You waved as you walked down some steps. He waved back, "Hey, ready to listen to Myers drone on in class?" You laughed, "Of course, it's the highlight of my day."

     Roman walked up from behind you, "You mean it isn't me?" Turning to look at him, your lips twitched into a smile, "Well, I mean, come on. Who could top a middle-aged professor working at a high school?" You laughed as he wrapped an arm around your shoulders, "Do the reading for Pisaro?" You shook your head and took a bite of your lunch as Peter answered, "Nah, we watched the movie." Roman nodded, "You know, I can never keep the Bronte sisters, straight. Which one do fat goth girls learn to masturbate to?" You bit the inside of your cheek, the comment kind of hitting a nerve you didn't think he would ever hit.

      Peter noticed and replied sarcastically, "Why do I get the feeling that the only reason you talk to me is the way people look at you when you're talking to me." The three of you looked around and noticed all the staring. "Oh, it's more than half," he replied as the two of them chuckled. Peter shook his head, "Thing is we don't have the same problem." Roman looked over at him, "Which is?" Peter talked over his shoulder as he walked away, "You're only bored if your boring." You tried to contain a smirk as Roman removed his arm from your shoulders, laughing a little nervously. The comment obviously upsetting him a bit. You through your apple core away and tugged on his jacket sleeve, "Come on, Roman. Let's get to class." He nodded, his arm again wrapping around you, "Alright, alright."

      During class, you noticed him slip a note to Peter, he stiffened as he read it. After the bell rang you ran to your locker, "So what did it say?" Peter grunted, "He wants to watch too." You nodded as the two of you watched him walked away down the hall. The walk to his house was quiet, "You okay?" He nodded, "Yeah...just preparing. Are you sure you want to see this?" You reached over and squeezed his hand, "Of course." He smiled and opened the door for you. Lynda was making dinner already, "Hiya, (Y/N)." You offered your assistance and took over making the dinner as Peter pulled her aside to let her know that Roman would be coming. She freaked out, "He's coming where?" The two talked in raised voices as you tried not to eavesdrop. Lynda came back in the kitchen, "Thanks honey, you can go back to the living room now."

      Hesitantly you did just that, Peter's eyes looked wet. You sat on the arm of the chair he was in, "Dinner is gonna be tasty." He chuckled, "Mom's a great cook." He got up and grabbed a few beers. You grabbed one and took a drink, "Thanks...so what do you want to do until he gets here?" Peter shrugged and pulled you into a hug turning the tv on, "Try and relax really." You nodded, leaning your head into his shoulder, "You know... never had any real friends before..." He looked at you softly, "Really? I wonder how come?" You shrugged taking a swig, "Always moving, like you, but I also usually don't like to get close to people. They can cause so much damage." He nodded in agreement, "Luckily, I've met you and Roman." He noticed the way you looked when you said his name, "That was a dreamy look." You blushed slightly, "Nah, your imagining things." He smirked, "Yeah okay...just be careful." You nodded at him as a knock came at the door.

    Peter got up hesitantly and opened it. You heard his voice, not having moved from your seat on the couch. Lynda spoke softly from the kitchen, as Peter introduced them to each other, "Hello." Roman nodded, "Hey." He turned and saw you, a slight smirk forming on his face, "(Y/N)." You smiled back, waving slightly. Roman walked over to sit with you but noticed the altar, "Are you Hindu or something?" Peter answered, "The photo is my grandfather, and the statue is Ganesh. The god of new beginnings." He turned to look at his mom, "But I don't think Nicholae ever actually knew that, right?" Nervously he mentioned the joke he had told you previously, "He used to joke about if what he had between his legs was anything like his nose." Lynda came into the room carrying some things, she motioned for Roman to sit. He sat down by you. She offered you and Roman some milk.