Silver Chapter Fifteen

With another gulp I offered Zoey my hand, my nervousness increased when she took it. A small smile from her, though is all it takes for my nerve to vanish. Leading her onto the dance floor, I place both hands on her hips as she places her's on my wide shoulders. I can hear the cat calling and jealous jeers but simply tune them out. I will not let them ruin my night to laugh, dance, and hold the Princess close. My one chance to be normal with the girl I loved. As this thought crosses my mind I stop short, shaking my head to clear it I smile slightly. I do love her, and I can't deny it anymore.

"You move with such grace..Your Majesty, I-I..After we dance may we take a walk around the garden?" She giggles at my lack of words and lays her head on my shoulder.

"Of course, Silver. What ever you have to say it must be important."  Zoey lifts he head and looks directly into my eyes, the look of concern so plain in hers, it's all I can do not to kiss her. Not to give into my instincts, but that will not happen. I will not allow myself to ruin this friendship between us. As much as I care for her, it would not be right. When the song hits it's crescendo I twirl the Princes, lifting her off her feet. The surprised squeak this action rents from the normally stoic girl is worth the slap I received when I finally set her down.

As the last notes play, I lead her from the dance floor and into the garden. Knowing its now or never I sit her on a stone bench in the middle of roses. Sitting beside her, I take her hands in mine smiling at how well we fit together. She looks up her beautiful blue eyes meeting mine. With a soft sigh I begin.

"Zoey, there are a few things I need to tell you tonight," her eyes widen in panic so I am quick to reassure her. "Nothing bad, I hope." Seeing her nod I somehow get the courage to continue. 

"First you need to know my name is Victoria. Victoria Wolfe. Second is that...that I'm in love with you. I think I have been from the beginning." I finally lift my eyes to meet hers. She sits slack jawed and wide eyed, for a second I worry that I've broken her. Until she speaks that is.

"Silver, Victoria. I, I think I love you too. I know I shouldn't we shouldn't be together but I can't deny my feelings any longer and now knowing you care for me to..." She trails off wide blue eyes looking into my violet orbs imploringly. I nod and giver her hand a gentle squeeze leaning in slowly. As our faces get closer, lips only inches apart someone roughly grabs my arm pulling me away from Zoey. Looking up with rage on my face I lock eyes with the last person I expected to see.

"You!"

A/N

Wow so sorry, my laptop caught a bug and refused to turn on. I had half this chapter written beforehand so here it is. Up next we find out who the mystery person is. Check out my new story called Charged.