Chapter Seventeen

The next couple of months blur by. Things between me and Zoey have been very good, the idiots have actually been laying low which kind of worries me. I know they're planning something involving my girl, that makes me very uneasy. Currently we are waiting for the drawing that would tell us who from which school would be competing in the competition. As the Headmaster of JA steps up to the podium I take Zoey's hand in mine. A silent reassurance.

He reaches into the hat and pulls out four slips of paper. "The tribute for Jackson Academy is Rachel Wilson. The tribute for Jamerson Academy is Nathan Potter. For Rikers Institution is Daniel Scott. And finally for LaBella Prep is Zoey Stark. Congratulations tributes." He ends his little speech on a positive note.

Zoey grips my hand tighter, a huge smile on her face, and turns her head. Knowing what she wants I bring my mouth to hers. There are cat calls and disgusted noises as our lips meet but I couldn't care less. I finally pull my mouth from hers as the headmaster clears his throat. Grinning smugly I give her a little nudge She smiles brightly and follows the others into the tribute room.  

I grin like a mad man until I look around and see everyone staring. My smile melts into a glare which sends peoples gazes skittering away from me. As everyone else leaves a few minutes later I stand outside the tribute door, waiting on my Princess. Finally, after more then half an hour the door opens. Out files the other tributes until, at last, my girl steps out. Seeing me, her face lights up. She kisses my cheek and takes my offered hand. 

"How did things go? When is the first competition?" My voice is hushed but excited. She just smiles and puts a finger to her lips, although I know she will tell me later, Still I pretend to pout and she stands on her tip toes to press her soft lips to mine. Instantly I forget why I was upset in the first place, deepening the kiss and pulling her closer. A clearing of a throat snaps us apart. I am immediately in a protective stance in front of Zoey. A grinning Professor comes strolling through the door. 

Zoey blushes as she greets out first hour teacher. "Hello Professor Hayden. How are you this evening?"  The Professor doesn't say a word, merely smiles wider and walks away. Laughing we head to our rooms. She tells me all of what went on while in the tribute room, starting with her name being called. I growl softly when Zoey tells of how the Rikers' tribute hit on her, that is until she kisses me. Same as before, all rational thought leaves my mind, all except one:

This woman is gonna be the death of me.