Silver Chapter Twelve

I never get cold. It's just a fact, the Princess on the other hand is shivering in her light clothes. England is apparently very cold during October, who knew? The headmasters are standing around running thier mouths while the French students are freezing thier asses off. I don't think so. With that thought in mind I stalk right up to our Headmaster with a rather dark glare.

"Excuse me, Headmaster Parker but the students have not dressed for this weather. They are cold you see." My tone is polite, my glare is anything but.

He clears his throat uncomfortably. 

"It would appear so. Gather students, we shall make our way  inside to warm up now!" His voice booms.

With a satisfied smirk I head back Zoey. Offering my arm and a bow, she accepts and I lead her into the Dining Hall. Pulling her chair out for her, we take our seats. The boys and even some girls are eyeing us both like peices of meat. I don't like this at all, instinctively baring my teeth I grip the blade at my hip.

That is until a soft hand lands on my arm. Looking up I look my eyes with her beautiful blue azure ones. I raise a brow.

{May I help you, your Majesty?} Once again my tone is polite, deferent even, but only just.  Only she can tell there is a dangerous edge to my voice and a glint in my cold eyes.

{Stop your growling Silver! Your scaring the younger students.}

Indeed I was. The host school, Jackson Academy, had its younger students in attendance. As this school went from ages five through eighteen meanig plenty of little children. 

Huffing I give her a pouting glare, one she just giggles at. I'd have loved to laugh with her but this is uncharted territory, on both ends. One, I knew that I should not become attached, second this was a new school with new faces, I cannot let my guard down here. I won't, if only for her protection. After the meal the hosts headmaster stood to say a few words. 

"Students, new and returning, and our guests. Welcome to another year at JacksonAcademy. I'd like to remind all of you that the fifth floors right wing is off limits to anyone under the age of fifteen. This is for your own safety! That is all and goodnight."

I wondered why if was off limits. As I am over fifteen years of age I can see for myself. Looking over at Zoey I can see the same question reflected in her eyes. Offering my hand I help her up.

{Come, Princess, let us get you to the dorms. All these males eyeing you is making my job harder.} And my patience thinner, I want to add.

She glares at mehalf-hearted and stomps off in front. I follow close behind and latch my hand to her hip.  Getting into the dorm, which we share with the girls of the host school from ages sixteen to eighteen, I shower and fall face first into the bed. 

Although I look to all the world as being sound asleep, which I am, what they don't know is that I can hear everything around me. That trick has saved my life before.