Silver Chapter Sixteen

The last person I would have expected to see stands before me. Zoey's friend, 
Rial,  is glaring from where he stands no more then three feet away from me. I quickly stand from my sitting position, all the while cussing at myself in my head about letting my guard down. I got so wrapped up the Princess that I forgot to keep my senses open. Growling loudly,  I stand so we are toe to toe. His face is caught between anger and fear. The fear is easily explained by me being in his face,  I have no idea where the anger came from. 

Lifting a brow, I practically spit the words at him. "Well? Are you just going to stand there puffing and huffing or are you going to explain why you interrupted us?" He just looks at me as if I were insane, fraying my already short temper. With an apologetic look back at Zoey I stride forward and wrap a hand around the idiots throat. He struggles in my grasp, weakly attempting to pull my hand from his neck.

"Why did you pull me away from her?" The words are growled, I can feel my eyes glowing. he ruined my moment with my love, he's lucky I let him live this long. He tries even harder to back away, I don't think he was quite ready for my rage when he acted, I muse in the back of my mind. Shaking my head I also give him a shake, fully intending to kill the little annoyance. That is until a soft little hand lands on my arm. 

Turning my head I'm met by beautiful sapphire eyes and pretty lips set in a frown. She shakes her head tugging at my hands. Following her gaze I see that Rial is turning blue from my grip. Growling again I let him fall in a heap at my feet. "Are you ever going to answer me?"

I kick him in the stomach and walk away, only to realize Zoey isn't following me. Turning I see her crouched down by his side, I was about to call out to her when I hear what she's saying.

"Rial you can't do that again. I know your worried about my relationship with Silver but she will kill you next time. Do you understand?" At his nod she kisses his forehead and stands up. She grins when her eyes meet mine. Smirking I offer my hand to her, she skipped to my side humming happily the whole time. With another shake of my head I spin the tiny girl so she's facing me and lean down, planting my chapped lips on her soft ones. Immediately my world explodes in sparks of color, kissing Zoey is the most indescribable feeling in the world.

She pulls away all to soon, her breathing coming in short pants. When the Princess smiles it's damn near blinding. Feeling smug that I put that look on her face, I take her hand again and lead her back to the dorms. My only thought is that this has been the most perfect day, excluding my almost murderous moment.

A/N

This chapter came about because of my muse, my beautiful fiance Fran. Anyway expect another chapter in a week. I"ll try to start updating on Wednesdays.