Trust

Blake's POV

(Y/N) seems to be distracted as of recent. He doesn't pay attention in class and vanishes immediately after. I was starting to get paranoid and had decided to talk to Yang about it.

Yang: He's not cheating on you.

Me: How can you be so sure? Do you know what he's doing?

Yang stayed silent as she realized that she couldn't answer.

Yang: If you're really worried about it why don't you follow him?

Me: I... I don't want him to feel like I don't trust him.

Yang: C'mon Blake, it's been a week. I'm surprised he hasn't said anything to you yet. The more I think about it, he has to be hiding something.

Me: I'll follow him tomorrow.

Yang: Alright, but be careful.

Later that night I was still awake when (Y/N) returned to the dorm. He quickly changed and crawled into bed with me. I turned over to look at him and could see that he had been crying.

Me: What's wrong?

(Y/N): Nothing Blake, i-it's just allergies.

I hugged him tightly and buried my face into his chest.

Me: Do you really think I would believe that?

I felt his lungs rise and fall rapidly as he chuckled.

(Y/N): Not for a second.

The next day, I waited 'till classes were over. At that point I watched (Y/N) from a distance as he walked to Vale. I stopped by a corner and watched him walk into a flower shop.

Oh no... he is chea- stop it Blake, they could be for something else.

He left and started walking in my direction so I slipped down an alley and hid behind a dumpster as I waited for him to pass me. Once he did I continued my stalker-esque task. I followed him to the park, and hid behind a tree as he stood at the top of a hill.

What's he waiting for?

To answer my question, a girl with gorgeous looks and long brown hair, wearing a white dress, walked up to him. They hugged, and he kissed her on the cheek as he handed her the flowers. I didn't want to see any more, but I was so desperate to find out that he wasn't cheating. I continued to follow them.

Y/N's POV

I waited on top of that hill for a couple of minutes or so until the friendly face that I had known for years showed herself.

Me: Hey Julie.

Julie: Hey (Y/N), thank you for being here.

Me: I wouldn't miss it for the world.

I gave her a quick hug, followed by a kiss on the cheek.

Me: I brought these for her.

Julie: Thanks, I think she'll love these.

We were about to leave when I thought I noticed someone behind a tree, but when I looked back there was no one there.

Julie: Are you okay?

Me: Huh? Yeah, I just thought I saw someone.

Julie: We should get going.

We walked side by side as we cut through the woods. It took a little while, but we eventually reached it. Our destination was a small meadow, almost completely covered in yellow and white flowers. There was a path from the center of it to where Julie and I were standing. We strode down the path casually, making our way to the center, slowly approaching a headstone.

Me: Hey Serah, it's me, (Y/N). I know I was here yesterday, but that would still be to early to consider it the day of your death. Julie's here too.

Julie: Heya sis, I know I haven't visited since... well your funeral. To be honest this feels like it all over again. but, I'm here. (Y/N) brought you flowers.

I watched as tears silently streamed down her face as she placed the bouquet on her older sister's grave.

Julie: I feel guilty for not ever visiting, especially when I know (Y/N) was. I'm sorry.

I held Julie as she wept, just staring at Serah's headstone. When she was done it was my turn.

Me: I'm here for a reason other than your death anniversary. This will probably upset you, but I'm not coming back until next year, I've finally moved on. Her name is Blake, and I love her. I've finally found someone who can understand my pain and help me deal with it, just like you did. I'm letting you go.

By the time I was finished tears were just starting to form. I wiped them away with the sleeve of my trench coat. I left Julie with her sister as a light breeze went by, and as I left I could've sworn I heard Serah's voice again.

I hope you're happy. Goodbye....

I left, a huge weight being lifted off of my chest. I walked back to the hill, occasionally letting tears leave me. I wanted to spend time with Blake. It's about time I told her.

Blake's POV

I was relieved. There was nothing I had to worry about. Other than the fact that he's headed my way again and I have nowhere to hide! Without hesitation I climbed up into the tree I was currently behind and prayed that he wouldn't see me. When he went passed the tree I leaned over to see if he was gone and slipped. I fell, expecting to hit the floor, but when I looked up I was in (Y/N)'s arms, bridal style. He looked down at me, smiling as I blushed.

Y/N: I thought someone was following me. How much did you hear?

Me: Enough.

I hugged him tighter and he started walking.

Me: A-aren't you gonna put me down?

Y/N: Nope, I'm going to walk down the busiest street so everyone can see us. That's your punishment for stalking me.

Me: But I-

Y/N: No buts! Besides, I like the idea of letting everyone know that we're together.

I sighed in defeat, before hugging him and hiding my face the entire way back.