♡CHAPTER 1♡

Antonia's POV

"Hey mom, do I need to help you tonight" I ask my mother who is currently cooking dinner.

"Do you not have any homework for school, dear" she asks while setting food on five plates.

"I already finished, so I can help you. Senior year isn't too bad" I smile.

I help my mother with her cleaning job, so she can finish faster. I don't like her working too hard. She works day and night cleaning the houses of people who are wealthy just to make ends meet.

My parents are the first generation immigrants from Italy.

"Annette and Anthony! Food is ready" I shout.

My mother shakes her head.

"Not too loud Antonia. You don't know if you'll trouble your fathers heart by scaring him with your loud voice" my mother speaks calmly.

My father recently has been having heart problems and is getting treatment.

My 8-year-old twin siblings come running down the stairs.

"Hi guys" they both say in unison.

Strange.

We gather around the table with my father entering the dinning room.

"I have an appointment tomorrow with the doctor" my father speaks as he plays with his food.

My mother makes him eat more vegetables.

"I hope everything will be alright" my mother speaks with worry.

I feel so bad. My mother is the best mother in the world. She cooks, cleans, and works very hard. She doesn't know how to make time for herself.

I always feel guilty that I can't help. She refuses me to get a job to help her, but I managed to at least be allowed to help her at night with her cleaning job she has.

She says I need to focus on my study, so I can go to college and make something of myself.

---

"Goodnight Annette and Anthony. I will be back later tonight with mom. Dad is in his room sleeping" I tuck them both in their beds since it's 8 p.m.

I tie my hair up in a pony tail and walk to the car where my mother is waiting.

She drives us to the other side of town in New Jersey where the nicer area is.

---

Once we reach the house we have to clean tonight, I take in it's appearance. I've been in this home a few times, but it still manages to take my breath away.

A two story brick mansion with many garage doors and windows. A garden is visible in the front yard from the driveway. I love flowers. They are beautiful. A chimney is blowing smoke.

I help my mom carry the vacuum and cleaning supplies inside the house. A huge chandelier is hanging above us.

I clean the second floor while my mother takes care of the first floor. This way we'll be out by midnight the latest. If my mom did this by herself, she won't be home until 4 in the morning.

Author's Note:
Today marks my two year anniversary with my Wattpad account. I decided to celebrate it with a new book.

Although no one reads my books anymore, thank you to the ones who still may do.

I love you.
I appreciate you.
I am thankful for you.
Thank you for everything.

Don't be a 👻 reader! Vote, comment, follow, anything if you want to.
But please keep reading!
I Love You ❤

Until next time my loves 💋

♡♡♡