♡CHAPTER 3♡

Antonia's POV

"Good morning Antonia and happy birthday" Mrs. Ross greets me.

"Thank you" I smile.

She has always been my favorite math teacher.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEST FRIEND" Gianna barges into the classroom with eighteen pink balloons.

Oh my gosh.

I quickly hide my face due to embarrassment.

"Antonia is 18 today you guys" Gianna shouts once more and walks over to my desk.

Everyone begins to sing happy birthday to me, and I can't help but blush.

This is so awkward.

"Thank you guys" I say as they clap and cheer.

Gianna hands me the balloons and a gift.

"Gianna, you didn't have to" I gently push the present away.

"Nonsense" she shoves the present back at me.

I rip off the wrapping paper slowly to reveal a box. I open it and inside is a heart shaped necklace that says "Best" on it.

"I have the other half that says Friends" she shows me the necklace she's wearing.

"It's beautiful. Thank you" I stand up to hug her.

"You're the best" I say while a tear slips.

---

I walk through the halls with the eighteen balloons. People are standing far away from me because they don't want to get shoved by them.

"Antonia" I hear a male voice say my name.

I turn around and see no one.

"I'm behind all your balloons" the voice speaks again following with a laugh.

Hands start sorting through the balloons to meet my face.

"Oh, hi James" I smile.

"I personally wanted to say happy birthday to you" he smiles.

"Oh, thank you" I reply while turning around.

"Wait, would you like to go to on a dinner date sometime" he calls out.

I take a minute to process what he just asked me before turning back around.

"I'm sorry James. I'm not looking for a relationship right now. School is my number one priority" I gently shut him down.

He mumbles a quiet oh.

"I'm sorry" I say once more before turning back around heading to my next class.

---

I enter my home after picking up the twins from the bus stop.

"Happy birthday Antonia" my parents yell.

I walk up to them and hug them.

"Let's do your cake" Gianna suggests.

Everyone gathers around the kitchen island. Gianna brings out a pink and purple flower cake with eighteen candles on it.

My family starts singing to me.

"Thank you guys" I blow out the candles.

My mother gets everyone seated at the dinning room table. She hands out plates of food for everyone, but she hands me a special plate.

We have a special plate we use for when it's our birthday. Mine is a hot pink one.

"Mrs. Provano, this food is amazing" Gianna squeals.

"Oh thank you honey. I'll make you a plate to take home" my mom smiles.

My mom always enjoys feeding her family.

---

"Here you go" my mother comes back with a gift in her hand.

"Mom, I told you I didn't want anything" I huff.

She always does so much for me already.

"Open it" she just shoves the box in my hand.

I unwrap the pink wrapping paper slowly. I open the brown box with my hands and find a set of keys.

"We got you a used car. It still works and looks as if it's brand new" my mother smiles.

I get up and jump in her arms and then my fathers.

"This way you don't have to keep walking everywhere like to school and the grocery store" she smiles.

"Thank you guys so much" I cry.

"You deserve it. Especially for everything you've done for us" she wipes away a tear on my face.

Author's Note:
College is hard. Life is hard

Don't be a 👻 reader! Vote, comment, follow, anything if you want to.
But please keep reading!
I Love You ❤

Until next time my loves 💋

♡♡♡