13

Kit's POV

I like you too.

It was like a broken recorder, it kept on repeating on my mind.

I was so shocked with what he said that I wasn't able to say anything before he left.

My mind was still processing his words.

Ming likes me?

He likes me?

He can't be serious.

I shook my head.

Impossible.

It was definitely his way to get even with me.

Sometimes it is really better to think the worst in a situation so it won't hurt that much if things don't go well.

I like you too.

Meanwhile, my heart was very happy with what it heard and refused to acknowledge the danger it came with.

Still fazed with his words, I headed to our hangout place.

I saw Pha, Yo, Beam and Forth having a sweet time with their respective partners. They were drinking the milk tea I bought earlier.

I scanned the place.

"He left, " Yo said.

"Who? " I said trying to act unaware of who he was referring.

He only smile as a response.

"Ming? " Beam asked, confused.

Yo nodded.

"Ah yeah, I heard him talking on the phone with Prin? Fry? Whatever! Then left" Beam added.

"Why do I care? " I said angrily. I've tried my best not to look disappointed.

He just shrugged. Pha just gave me a knowing smile.

I ignored both of them.

Telling me he likes me but going out with someone else.

Demanding me to break up with Ice but he gets to keep Prae.

You are really a player Ming, a very cruel player at that. 

It's okay. It's okay. I kept on reminding myself.

Since I have nothing to do, I headed to the auditorium. It was still a bit early but I needed a diversion.

When I arrived, some of the member of the student council were already there. They were making sure all were ready for tonight's event.

Others were doing the last details for the stage decoration. I didn't know this was going to be a big event.

This wasn't my cup of tea but I can't back out now.

I sighed.

I scanned the room to see where I can sit and stay while waiting.

"Hey Kit, you're early. " Gan said, one of the 'item' to be auctioned too. He grinned widely.

I smiled at him.

Gan looked good on his white v-neck top and torn jeans. I wasn't surprised to see him here as one of the 'items'.

"Are you ready for our date? " he said wearing a very pleasant smile.

"Huh? "

"You know, I think I'm going to have to win you tonight. " he said with a tone of humor in it.