CHAPTER 20

{Side Note- TY SO MUCH FOR 1K READS WTAF. I AM SHOOK!!!!!!Thank you for those that have read from Chapter 1 and thank you to those of you that have told people about this book, in order to get it to 1k reads💛 Here's an interesting chapter for y'all.}

I take a deep breath.

I'm ready to sing.

I open my mouth and as soon as I do, I feel every pair of eyes in the room resting on me.

The nerves go right through me.

I close my eyes as I sing the first note, not wanting to experience the horrendous looks that will soon be on the guys' faces.

As the song goes on, I slowly open my eyes revealing 3 of the guys with smiles from ear to ear plastered on their faces. Zach has his mouth wide open.

I feel myself get a little red but that doesn't distract me from the song.

I'm singing this for myself- a song that means a lot to me. A certain song called 'The Rose.'

As I sing the last note, applause has erupted and I open my eyes to the beaming grins of all of the guys and some management who have joined.

I no longer feel ashamed but rather, I feel so so happy. The boys are in awe.

I am very overwhelmed because my favourite band's in shock with my voice. They're the ones that are professional singers, yet they're in awe at what I just sung.

"Well done El!"

"Wow oh my god..."

"Shoot, you're SO good!"

"You can be the sixth member!"

They all say to me at the same time, all of the others agreeing.

They all hug me, excited and happy for me. Except one.

Zach just sits down on the couch, clearing his throat.

And soon he sings to me. Without a guitar or anything, just his own voice, sweet and yet full of so much powerful and emotion.

He's singing the same song he sung down the phone the first time we spoke. No way.

I smile and soon, tears are welling in my eyes. He's improved so much.

I am so fucking proud.

As he finishes the last words of "to me...", I clap fiercely and I hug him tight.

"Well done Zachary..." I whisper in his ear.

"Don't call me that.." he whispers back but he's obviously kidding, because he whispers it with a smile.

"Sorry. But honestly, you're SO good. What about our duet?" I whisper back, still hugging him tight.

"Thank you. Well, how 'bout we sing 'Can't Help Falling in Love?' You can sing the harmonisation." he whispers a bit more loudly.

I agree and Zach tells everyone he's got one more song left.

As he starts singing the first three lines, my heart does a triple jump and my legs feel like jelly.

I grip onto Daniel's arm to steady myself and he looks at me, a bit worried.

But I smile a wide smile and he understands.

Zach singing this makes me realise- maybe I'm in love with Zach?

I mean, that seems far-fetched but I keep thinking about him and I feel happy with hearing his name or even seeing him.