Four

Simon closes his bible with almost melodramatic care - you swear he's holding his breath as he gently lowers the cover. He places a protective hand over it, fingers just grazing the surface, and looks up.

"Thank you all for being here today, and giving Y/N such a warm welcome."

Is he blind? The only warm welcome you've had come from these kids is a rock thrown at your balls by a ten year old with spiked up hair. The rest - all at least five years younger than you - either ignored you or glared at you throughout the whole thing.

You'd started what Simon insisted was a 'session', not a class, with a boring lecture about accepting Jesus into your heart, which almost all of the kids wiggled and whispered through, then he'd stood up and proceeded to pull everyone outside for what turned into a very unholy game of capture the flag.

"Everyone, line up behind me," Simon smiles. The kids flock to get into line, pushing and shoving. You slide into the end, Basil behind you.

"Simon's nice and all," you whisper, "but he comes on a bit strong, don't you think?"

"The majority of the young kids are here for behavioural issues," Basil shrugs. "You've probably already realised. Simon's just trying to keep them under control. Hey, Y/N, watch out!"

Your head shoots back around, confused, just in time to see a giant concrete pole loom in front of you. You stop suddenly, stumbling back into Basil. He makes a small surprised sound, his arms automatically raising to steady you.

"I swear to god this camp is going to kill me," you grumble. Basil clears his throat. You realise you're still pressed against him, his hands resting on your waist. You shoot forward.

"Sorry," you mutter, your face red. He beams at you.

"No, no, that's fine. Are you alright?"

"Yeah," you smile awkwardly, looking around to find the line. You hurry after them, your face burning. Basil bursts out laughing behind you. He rests a hand on your shoulder, jogging beside you.

"Y/N, it's fine, you fell backwards. You don't need to be embarrassed about tripping over."

You shrug, keeping your head down as you enter the food hall.