Chapter 6

Austin’s P.O.V

I looked at my phone and opened Nadine’s message: “well, then you wish the same as me(: I’ll go to bed, okay? Ttyl(: goodnight austin :* ♥” I smiled and replied: “aww, okay(: goodnight sweetheart! :* hope you’ll dream about me (; ♥” It was 5:20pm so I decided to call my mom and ask her, when she’ll get home for dinner. “Hello Austin! Is something wrong or why do you call me?”, she asked as she picked up the phone. “Hey Mom! Nah, I just wanted to ask you, when you’ll get home”, I asked. She said, she’ll be at home around 6pm. I went in the kitchen and started making dinner. Spaghetti – one of my fav. food. As I was almost ready my phone rang – Alex. “Hey, what’s up, bro?, I said. “Hello Austin. I just wanted to ask, if I can come for dinner. My mom’s not at home and I’m staaaarving!!”, Alex answered. I laughed and said: “Sure you can come! I’ll prepare the table. See you in 5!” I hung up and got everything ready. 5 Minutes later Alex rang at the door and got into my kitchen,. “So, are you exited for your trip to L.A.?”, Alex asked and glanced at the spaghettis. I nodded and grinned at him. “Ah, and thanks that I can come with you, bro!”, Alex thanked and we sat down at the table. My mom got home a few minutes later and we started eating. While the whole dinner I couldn’t stop thinking of Nadine & how beautiful she is. After dinner Alex and I got into my room and played Xbox. My mind drifted away and I saw always Nadine’s pretty smile in my thoughts. And every time I thought of her I smiled like an idiot. “Okay, Austin. Tell me!”, Alex said, after  he beat me in a game, I’ve ALWAYS been the winner. “Tell you what?”, I asked confused. Alex rolled his eyes and said: ”You know what I mean! You’re smiling all the time, even though nothing happens. SO what’s her name?” I looked at him shocked. How does he know? “Whose name?”, I tried to sound normally. “The girl’S name you have a crush on!”, Alex said and looked at me waiting. “I don’t have a crush!”, I said and could feel how I started to blush. Alex’ face turned a bit angry and he said: “Oh come on. It's soo obviously, you’re blushing! Now tell me!! I’m your best friend, you can tell me everything!” I said “shut up” and turned my face away, to hide my blushing. “Austiiiiiin, please tell meeee!!”, he begged.  I sighed and faced him again. “Okay, okay. Her name’s Nadine, she’s 14 and from Austria. Are you happy now?”, I finally gave him, what he wanted. He smiled. “I am, when you are!” He asked more about Nadine and I told him about my skype-conversation with her. Then I showed him our messages on WhatsApp. “Bro, she definitely likes you!!”, Alex said and pointed at the messages. “Ya, maybe. But it doesn’t matter. I mean, I’ll never meet her”, I answered sadly.  “Oh Austin, I’m sure you’l meet her one day. Sooner or later!”, Alex tried to cheer me up. I sighed and shrugged my shoulders. We sat there in silence, as suddenly my phone buzzed. I looked at the screen: Justin. “hey man. I almist forgot to tell you. you must write a song until friday. ! I can help you, if you want(: just call me.” I was shocked and let my phone fall down. “ What happened?”, Alex asked afraid. He picked up my phone and looked at Justin’s message. “Oh.. Do you have any ideas for a song?”, heasjed after reading it. I shook my head. “Not an single idea”, I sighed, “I think I’ll need Justin’S help.” Alex nodded and sekd is he could maybe help. “Do you have a hidden talent in writing songs?”,  asked with a weak smile. He grinned and answered: “Not really, but I could give you some ideas, if you want.” I looked at him waiting and he continued: “You could write one about Nadine!” Alex winked. I rolled my eyes and wanted to reply something sarcastic, but stopped. As he said her name, I had suddenly that one phrase in my head: “It's 11:11 – make a wish!”. I thought about it and started to sing: “It's 11:11 – make a wish, make a wish and say. It's 11:11 – make a wish, make a wish and say …” I stopped singing as I saw Alex’ face.