Oblivion

This was a writing squad challenge.

We had to blend a NON AU OC, mine here, with canon characters. I decided to make Zeke Eacker's second. Enjoy! 

Word count, etc: 9170 characters, 1508 words, 66 paragraphs

TRIGGERS;; suicide mentions, gayness, guns, duels, uh... religious mentions (God, heaven, etc.)

The fog hung tight in the air, a blanket, sent from heaven. Two men trudge through the bog. "Eacker," groaned one. "Is it truly necessary to do this? Especially at this bloody early hour?" Disbelief and sleepiness wrapped around the mans tongue. A lock of dark ginger hair dangled before his gaze. Brushing it away, he turned to face the duel.

Zeke. Be cool. C'mon. Eacker picked you, he's your pal. Messing up now would end it. Don't let anyone die.

Upon arrival, Zeke examined the surroundings. No Philip, medic, anyone! What fools they'd been. "Philip," snarled Eacker. "He bailed out. Chicken." The firefighter faced his friend. "What fools we were. Played!" A yell escaped Eacker's open mouth. Two guns clipped to his belt symbolised Eacker was extremely ready.

"Sorry that we are tardy!" Philip leapt off a horse; the horse was a beautiful chestnut mare with a flowing white mane. Running a hand through his scruffy hair, Philip stepped towards his second. "Ready?" Eacker's voice sliced through the icy, quiet air. Zeke nodded, eyes unblinking. "Good. Let's duel." Eacker gave him the gun. Zeke gulped. Why had he done this?

"You asshole!" snarled Philip. "Calling my dad's party out. I CANNOT LET THAT SLIDE." Philip stamped his boots heavily onto the earth. His eyes were ablaze with anger and alit with malice. Venom layered his voice, sending shivers down Zeke's back.

As the doctor set up his transportable supplies, Philip turned. He was face to face with his closest friend, a one: Richard Price. Eacker had duelled Price a mere one day prior to this event. No shots had been fired, no one hurt or killed. This time, however, Zeke was scared. Philip looked absolutely terrifying, like he wanted to kill someone. "George," I spoke. "Please be careful. You're my closest friend, I enjoy your company." Eacker cast a glance of 'okay' at his friend as he and Philip sauntered toward the center clearing. 

Richard looked at Zeke, neither knew one another. Eacker had gone alone yesterday, however, Eacker brought his friend today. "Oh, boy," Zeke breathed to himself as he prayed for his friend to remain safe and out of harms way.

The time had arrived. Richard and Zeke both inhaled, they then shouted "one". Eacker took his gun, laying it down at his side. "Two!" barked Richard, quickly. Philip did same with the gun, flipping a lock of hair from his hair. "Three!" Zeke cried angrily. Both duellers took a step, guns locked and loaded; their shoulders poised and metal practically glinting in their eyes.

The doctor spun around behind Zeke. His eyes were plastered to the floor, and he nearly missed hearing Richard call: "four". Startled by his sudden having to go, Zeke shouted, "five!" With a smirk, he watched Eacker take a step, his friend with a smirk on his face. In a rush, Richard yowled: "five"!