A Mother's Love

Alright! I am a scribe for the teaching squad and I needed to write a one shot of Rachel Faucette Buck, aka Hamilton's mom. A very stormy fic. Triggers are storms, rain, anything like that. Enjoy!!

Violent wind ripped across the shudders of the home. Wasn't a hurricane. Crouched indoors, a small lantern aflame with copper light, was in the middle of the living space. A young woman held her son, who was wailing. He was terrified. "My Alexander," she sang. "You outshine the morning sun. My son~" The six year old stopped whining and smiled.

A small pool of water appeared beneath the doorframe. The wooden door would not stand the pressure much longer, to their dismay. Rain would flood in. It had to be a hurricane. Rachel was kind of sick, and she keeled over, hacking. The young, gorgeous wan took her sons' hand and dashed off with him in tow.

Underground, the whistling winds sounded like thousands of cannons. Rain pattered upon the storm doors. Some of the water drip-dropped into the cellar. Down here, his mother kept wine and any other emergency supplies. She could use a gun if need-be; as if she would actually need to. Another crackle of lightning in the air startled both Alexander and his maternal figure.

She held him close. Bread and butter was all they had to eat- for the moment. Rye bread and butter. Alexander was not a fan of either but he knew: food was food. Crunching on the bread, the stormy conditions outside hadn't weakened. Rather, they'd worsened. Alexander jumped, the slats between the storm doors lighting up white. "Mommy... I'm scared.." he cried. Tears were obvious around his eyes, the poor boy's hair a mess of tangled ginger fibers. Rachel picked her son up. She patted his back.

Alexander and Rachel talked in murmurs among barrels of wine. They'd rather, unfortunately, ran out of conversation topics. So, as they'd done before, they were quiet.

Pitter-patter, pitter-patter,

Rain on the doors. In the center of the room, surrounded by barrels of wine were two figures. A son and his mom. A scared boy, Alexander Hamilton, and his mom:

Rachel Faucette Buck.

You outshine the morning sun.