Thomas Sangster 6.2

Thomas POV

I walk to the trash can were Y/N seems to drop something. I'm not sure what it was or am I supposed to see this, but I just feel the need to see what it is.

You see, I'm in love with Y/N. I fall deeply, madly in love with her. But I'm dating Joanna. I know its unfair for her but Y/N is just so perfect I'm afraid I might break her. Stain her purity.

There, I saw an envelope, I picked it up and saw my name written in a neat handwriting.

She wants me to read her letter. She was about to give me this letter.

"Tommy, what are you looking at?" Joanna asked impatiently. I quickly hide the letter and look at her.

"Nothing, let's just go home." I replied walking past her. She must've sense my mood so she quickly follow me to my car.

I need to tell Y/N.

I need to confess.

Y/N POV

After exiting, you quickly go to where your bicycle is parked. Wiping your tears, you hopped on and starts paddling. I'm so stupid thinking he loves me too, you taught to yourself.

You stop by a nearby park, then walk to your favorite part. It was a tree where you, and your first friend Dylan met. He was like your older brother. He's 2 years older than you and was now in college so you only see him on holidays or vacations.

You sit under the shade of the tree, feeling the whispers of the wind. You close your eyes and let all your tears fall. The picture of Thomas and Joanna stays in your mind, refusing to leave.

Few seconds later, you feel someone wipe your tears. You open your eyes hoping it is Thomas. That he read your letter and came here to tell you he loves you too.

But disappointment filled you when you saw Dylan sitting beside you, holding a handkerchief, now damp from your tears. He smiled sadly at you.

"Its him again, isn't it?" He asked. You know who is he pertaining to. You told him stories about Thomas. Honestly, he is your walking diary.

"I know I don't have the rights to get mad and tell him to break up with him. Dyl, I shouldn't be sad. I must be happy for him. But the problem is I can't." You said burying your face in your hands.

Dylan hug you protectively, like how an older brother will hug his sister.

But both of you were surprised when someone standing in front of you cleared his throat. You look up at him just to find him looking at you with eyes full of... Regret?

You internally slap yourself. You don't need to hope. Hoping is the last thing you need as of now.

"Y/N, I found your letter–"

"You don't have to respond Thomas. Its fine really. I just think I really need to confess and I'm happy for you and Joanna." I said interrupting him. I don't need his pity. After all, it is just a passing fancy. You got up, so as Dylan. He excuse himself. You know him well enough to tell that he's trying to give you and Thomas some time alone.

"I love you too." Thomas said bluntly, with hope in his voice.

You didn't answer him. Still processing what he just said. You, again, blame the hope inside you. Why do I have to be so hopeful?

When you didn't respond, Thomas takes the matter in his own hands and smashed his lips into yours.

He break the kiss after a minute. "Y/N, I said I love you." He said placing 3 light kisses on your lips. This time, you don't care anymore if this is all hope or true.

"I love you too." You said then plant a kiss on his lips again.

Thank God you hope all the time.