Thomas 17

The spot beside you is empty. No wonder the room is cold, Thomas is nowhere beside you. You laugh at the thought of your husband lurking around the house as if he was a robber of some sort and was careful enough to not make noises in order for you to have your good night sleep.

You faced the bed side table and look for your phone, checking for texts or birthday greetings. Yes, it is your birthday and you sure are thinking why Thomas is out early on a Saturday. Probably out to do something stupid with the others, you thought as you scramble out, only to be stopped by the door opening.

You see your husband for five years carrying a tray of food with your favorite flower on the side.

“Happy birthday, love,” he said as he gently place the tray beside you then give you a little kiss on your cheek.

“I hope you the kitchen’s alright,” you jest as you look at his almost burnt pancakes, poorly slice tomatoes and the bacon you are not sure if edible. The only thing looking good enough to eat is the maple syrup and butter for the pancake. And of course the orange juice and the coffee.

“Nothing I can’t handle later,” he said as he motioned to the food, “eat some.”

“Only if you’ll eat it with me,” you said as you start to slice the pancake only to be stopped by him.

“Let’s just have some cereal,” he said as he took the tray away, careful not to spill the drinks everywhere.

“But I don’t want this all to go to waste,” you whine looking at him.

“For once, I don’t know if they put peppers in pancakes but I did,” he said making you realize that its not chocolate chips “I don’t want anyone food poisoned.”

You nod my head as I follow him to the kitchen. “By the by Mr. Sangster, where’s the twins?” you asked as you realized your four year olds are nowhere to be seen.

“In he kitchen,” he nonchalantly said before his eyes widened, as if realizing something and then mutter a light curse.

You can’t help but wonder what’s wrong as you follow him towards the kitchen. And instantly, with yucks loud enough for the whole neighborhood to hear, you knew something disgusting is up.

There stood in the kitchen is frantic Thomas worried about your twins. He was constantly giving them milk as the two continue about how gross their father’s pancakes are.

“I worked hard for that, you know,” he said as he poured another glass of milk for both George and Harry.

“But dad, you shouldn’t have worked at all,” George said earning a thumbs up from Harry.

“It’s momma’s birthday, dad. We should have had tacos instead,” Thomas groaned as Harry once again mentioned tacos.
“Do stop tormenting your daddy,” you said as you stepped in, looking at the half eaten pancake on the table.

“Go sit everyone, mommy’s gonna cook for us all,” you groan as you pulled the apron, start on pancakes and making sure not to put peppers on them instead of chocolate chips.

******
This is for the girl who wanted to know what it would be like to have kids with Thomas. To you who commented on the last imagine, I love you.