Day 5: Christmas Tree

Usually, Anti, Dark, and Host have their Christmas tree up by now. Yes, it was only the 5th of December, but as soon as the 1st rolled around, all three of them were pretty eager to spend the afternoon putting it up. The lights, the cheap, unbreakable ornaments that they could still retrieve from the insides of Rocco the Roomba if they fell, and of course, the star on top. 

However, they'd been busy this past few days. They simply didn't have time to get the Christmas tree up on the same schedule as they usually did this year. The decorations were still out, of course, brought out from the depths of their storage room and moved to a central area. 
That morning, Dark and Anti were the first up, Host still in their room. 
"We don't have the Christmas tree up yet," Dark said, gesturing to the box of decorations on the floor in front of them. "Maybe we should do it today before we forget about it." 
Anti looked up sharply from the box to Dark, idea-wide open with creativity. 

He smirked, "actually, we have a tree up all year." He grabbed a bauble from the box, and moved down the hallway, smacking right into his other boyfriend as he came down the hall. 
"Oh hey, just the guy I was looking for." 
Host raised an eyebrow inquisitively. "Who else would you be looking for." 
Anti deadpanned, "oh no, you saw through my clever plan." He put his hand on Host's shoulder, trying to push him down a bit. "Lean down you large bean, you're too tall." 
Host, complying, leans down, but then freezes and shoots a look at Anti as he feels the ornament being hung by the string over his ear. 

"See what I mean Dark? A tree up all year." Dark barely heard him, already rummaging around through the box. He emerged again with a string of Christmas lights, and held them up to show Anti. They grinned at each other. 

They wrapped Host up as best they could, the lights wrapping around his torso and then his arms, just so as to not bind him in place. 
"The Host would like to input that this is the singular worst idea you guys have ever had." 
Dark hummed, putting a star crown on top of Host's head as the finishing touches. "Duly noted." 

Anti dusted his hands off comically, and they both stepped back to look at the work of art that doubled as their boyfriend.
Dark pulled his phone out of his pocket, "I'm definitely sending this to literally everyone that knows Host." 
Host tried to reach for the phone, but Dark danced out of reach just in time. Anti laughed, watching on as the elaborate routine around the couch continued, Dark snapping as many pictures as he could. Due to the motion Anti assumed most of them would be blurry, but hopefully they could salvage a few good ones. 

In the end, they did put up the Christmas tree, but Host was the only one tall enough to put the star on top.