Day 7: Pie

"Have you ever used a pie iron before?" Dark questioned his boyfriends, pulling out the large metal utensils out of the cupboard.
"Uh... No. I don't even think I've even heard of a pie iron before." Host replied, looking over Anti's shoulder as he watched Dark bring them out. They sort of looked like discount marshmallow roasting sticks, but instead of having points on the end, there was a metal cover. Presumably, where you put the food in.
"Guys, holiday tradition. I can't believe you've never done this! Anti, grab the bread, Host, the butter if you will." Dark dropped the pie irons onto the table with a loud clang, turning back to the pantry to grab pie filling.
Pulling out a cutting board, Dark grabs the first two slices of bread. "You take your bread, you put the butter on the outside and your filling on the inside, and you put it together like a sandwich." He intructed, following his own directions as he made the sandwich for himself. Anti and Host grabbed their own bread, Dark helping to guide Host's knife over the bread so he wouldn't get it everywhere but the bread by accident.
"Ok, pie filling goes on one side." He took out a hefty amount of filling, slopping it onto one side of the bread and putting the other slice on top, butter facing up.
The others, again, followed suit.
"Pie iron time." He opened up the clasp on the iron, placing his sandwich in the square, trying his best to spill as little as possible. He moved Host's while Anti moved his own, and did up the clasps again for safe holding.
Dark rubbed his hands together, and looked at the fire going in the living room. "Now, we roast and wait."

The couch was too far away from the fireplace for their sticks to reach, so the three of them sat on the floor in front of the fire, their knockoff pies smelling like heaven as they cooked slowly, hovering above the burning logs.
It was silent, peaceful, the crackling the only noise besides breathing, and the three of them sat, simply enjoying the others' company.
As the pies came to an end in their roast cycle, Dark came to a realization.
"Oh. Shit, we forgot plates."
"Hm, hang on," Anti said as he handed his iron to Host next to him to hang on to. He zoomed into the kitchen and emerged again with three plates.
Dark demonstrated first, putting his iron on the stone finish in front of the fireplace so it wouldn't burn the ground. Though it was still hot, he undid the clasp with little difficulty. One of the only benefits to being a metaphysical entity was the inability to register pain at a normal level, so the searing heat felt like a pleasantly warm candle. He removed the pie with skilled precision and dropped it onto a plate. Anti moved the plate out of the way while Dark got the pies from the ones Host was holding.
Host brought the pie up to his face and sniffed it once, savouring the rich smell of the filling before taking a comically large bite.
Anti almost dropped his own sandwich, laughing so hard watching Host eat his, but caught it and took a bite of his own.
Dark ate his own pie, watching his boyfriends be goofs, and everything was good.