SunnyxMeerkat-Go on a Date

This is dedicated to @That_One_Wyvern for suggesting it.

I was at home visiting my Mom, Queen Thorn, and the Sand Kingdom. Currently I was going through the library with Smolder. It was still a mess even though we had been working hard for a while now. I took a break from arranging scrolls to help Smolder who was currently trying to keep a pile of scrolls from falling over.

"I'll help you." I said, cheerily. I quickly walked over to the unsteady pile, but as soon as I touched it everything came crashing down on top of me. Right at that moment Six-Claws came bursting in the room.

"Where's Sunny?" Six-Claws asked as he narrowed his eyes at Smolder.

"I'm right here." I replied as I stuck my head out from the pile of scrolls. "What do you need?"

"Queen Thorn wants you both in the throne room. She says that we have a visitor." Six-Claws responded. Curious, I followed him with Smolder reluctantly following me. When we walked into the throne room I say my Mom talking to another Sandwing that I didn't recognize. When my Mom say us enter she said something else to the mysterious dragon before looking up at us.

"Sunny this is Meerkat. He's come to pay his respects." My Mom told me. "I would like you to show him around."

"Okay Mom. Follow me." I said as I headed towards the door.

As we walked down the halls together I pointed out the different rooms and various pieces of artwork that lined the walls.

I noticed that Meerkat's scales seemed to sparkle in the sunlight and his eyes looked soft and welcoming as they looked around. I know that I had only known him for a short amount of time, but I had already developed an immense crush on him. When he caught me staring at him I quickly blushed and looked away trying to come up with something to say.

"It's a beautiful day isn't it?" I blurted out. I immediately regretted it as he gave a slight laugh.

"It is." He agreed.

After I had finished showing him around I lead him back to the throne room. He looked at me before looking at the ground and then back at me.

"Would you want to go on a date with me?" He asked. It took me a second to answer because I was shocked at what he had said.

"I would love to." I finally replied. As soon as I said that Smolder walked out of the throne room.

"Thank you for visiting." Smolder said.

"I enjoyed it." Meerkat replied as he gave me a slight smile. I returned the smile as he was lead down the hallway.

I was happy. A cute dragon had just asked me out.

Before people start booing just know that I tried. I really did. Meerkat didn't have that big of a part in the books though. I just had to guess as I did this. Feel free to comment what ship you want me to do next.