Chapter 3

A month went by and it's now December and you know what that means? Yes snow! I haven't seen snow really because Mama always liked to avoid it. She always said it was to cold, but I loved it! I looked out my window seeing the streets covered in snow, people were out shoveling their side walks. I giggled to myself knowing it was going to be a fun day, taking a shower then getting dress I put on a long grey shirt with black sweat pants that hugged my legs. As I dried my hair I looked at a photo of Soul and I, a lot of kids stopped being scared of Soul and are coming up to talk to him. I didn't know why kids were really scared of Soul at first so I asked Kid and he told me Soul always ignored people. Some got mad and declared a fight but Soul always won not even getting hurt. He also would glare at people if they tried to get close to him. I then asked him why he does that, he wrote down because you can't trust them. Then asking why he didn't do the same with me, he wrote down that I was different, he could tell I was a trusting person. I picked up the photo and smiled at it, then placing it back down with a happy sigh. But I still want him to tell me or write why he can't speak. All his answer are the same, he would just turn his head from me or looks down. I want to hear his voice maybe I should take him to the doctors.

As I finish getting ready for school I placed grey ear muffs on that matched my winter coat also my gloves. Slipping on my boots then throwing my bag over my shoulder I was almost out the door until I hared "MAKA DO YOU WAN'T PAPA TO DRIVE YOU TO SCHOOL?"

I turned to the stairs and shouted "NO!" with the crying sounds filling my ears I smiled heading out the door.

My feet made crunching sounds as I walked on the snow, it was cold but I was having a blast kicking up snow like a five year old. My friends and I should have a snowball fight after school; that would be fun!

I then heard the sound of a motorcycle coming near me; I stopped walking when I heard the bike stop. I looked at Soul who had a big smile on his face. He patted the back seat which means for me to get on. I sighed; really it's to cold to ride that thing! I shook my head no, "Soul I don't need a ride; I'm perfectly fine walking." Then I felted two strong arms wrap around me putting me on the motorcycle, when did he get off? I glared at Soul, "I told you no!" Soul just smiled at me which made me blush. Why am I always so nerves around him sometimes? With a shake of my head I wrapped my arms around his waist, and then we were off to school.

"YAHOO, MAKA I DECLARE YOU TO A SNOWBALL FIGHT!" Black Star yelled at me. I didn't even get off the bike yet and I was already getting yelled at by him! Soul picked me up gently putting my down on the sidewalk. I blushed again, god this has to stop! I faced Black Star, "How dare you steal my idea! That's what I wanted to do after school." Black Star laughed at me, "I'm a God I can read peoples mines!" Well that's new, never heard him say that one before. CRAP, I just stated a new saying for him; way to go Maka.

Soul wacked the back of Black Star's head, with a grin they high fived each other. I smiled they are like best friends now!

"Maka!"

I turned to find the voice that it belonged to seeing it was Kim. "KIM" I shouted overjoyed giving her a big hug.

"I haven't seen you since I was ten!"

"Yeah I finally found you! My classes have been changed with Jackie and we have some classes with you!" said Kim with a smile. "Then where is Jackie?" I asked, "Oh she's with Harvard," Said Kim. Ha I always knew they like each other, but how did Kim know I was here and why haven't I seen her during the month I was here as well? I looked at Kim about to ask her my questions when she interrupted me.

"So it's true, your friends with Soul. Why?"

"Why? Because I wanted to be his friend and he's really cool." Kim opened her mouth then closed it not knowing what to say. "Kim, Soul is not like the rumors. He is shy and fun to be with, funny and he may look mean but he isn't, you got to give him a chance." "Wow Maka you sound like you like him," said Kim with a smirk.