Chapter 1

Taylor's POV

Our car drove up the gravel drive way leading up to a medium sized brick house. I opened the car door and stepped out onto the gravel. My mom stepped out the drivers door and my brother and sister came out of the two backseat doors.

"Well you guys, look at our new home." Mom said.

I stood there and stared at the empty house.

"Tay, honey don't you like it?" Mom asked me.

"Yea I guess" I said, expressionless.

I'm Taylor Green. Or Tay. I'm 16 years old. And I just moved to New Jersey from California. My sister, Sam was squealing with joy because of the lilacs and monarch butterflies flying around the yard. Sam is 4. My brother, Josh just stood there, his eyes glued to the screen of his phone. He was probably playing some stupid game again.

"Josh! Hon! Get off that phone and look at this house." My mom yelled at Josh.

"Ok, fine whatever mom." He replied.

"Pretty butterfly!! Hehe!" I heard my sister scream.

My mom walked up the drive way and onto little stairs leading to a porch. As she walked across to the door, you could hear her heals clicking on the wood. She pulled a key out and unlocked the door. I stepped inside only to smell fresh paint. The living room was big and there was a hall leading to a closet and the kitchen. There were also stairs from the living room that led to 4 rooms and a bathroom. I walked up the stairs and set my bags and things down. I studied the empty room and sat on the floor. Then I started unpacking clothing for tomorrow. My first day of a freshman in high school. After that night we had most everything unpacked and it looked somewhat like an actual home. I put on fresh pajamas after I'd eaten dinner. I slid under the covers of my new mattress. The pillow was cool. Then I slept. A very deep sleep. As I woke up to an alarm. I lazily stood up and tried to calm my severe case of bed head. I pulled on a pair of yoga pants and a comfy sweatshirt. I put on my red converse too. I brushed my long, curly, red hair and put it up in a messy bun. My sea green eyes looked tired. I bounded down the stairs and sat down at the table with my mom and Josh. My mom was also a red head with green eyes, like me. Josh has brown-blonde hair and blue eyes. Sam has brown hair and blue eyes too. Also Josh is 12. Sam was still asleep but Josh was eating chocolate chip pancakes with syrup although I preferred blueberry. I ate a stack of blueberry pancakes and got in the car with my mom and Josh. Once parked at the high school I said bye and walked to the doors and into the school. It smelled of honey and there was a gorgeous boy standing there waiting. When he spotted me he rushed over to guide me. My heart fluttered at the sight of his beautiful hazel eyes.

"Hi" he said.