Chapter 5

Ashton's POV

After about four months me and Taylor became closer and closer until we were best friends. We both sat next to each other on the couch in my basement. I reached over and poked her in the stomach. She flinched. Then I started full on tickling her. I grabbed her, pulled her up on my lap, and started tickling the sides of her stomach.

"Ash-Ashton, st-stop p-p-please!" She yelled in between giggles.

"Nope!" I replied, also giggling now.

Taylor turned and then started tickling me as payback.

"Taylor! Tay, stop it!" I yelled, teasingly. I was now giggling uncontrollably, as she was too. Then she got up and ran down the hall in our basement. I slowly got up and tiptoed to the hall. I heard her breathing on the other side. I ran through and grasped her waist. I picked her up and spun her around, then pretended to drop her.

"Ashton! Ashton, stop it!" She screamed. Then she started pounding her fists against my chest. I ran to the couch with her still in my arms and threw her down. She bounced once and her hair fell around her head displaying her beautiful face and sparkling green eyes filled with excitement. She sat up, grabbed a pillow, and threw it at me. It hit me straight in the face so I picked it up and threw it back. Then I sat down on the couch and stared into her eyes. She stared back. She scooted closer to me and laid her head on my shoulder. I poked her again on the side of her stomach. She squirmed. Then I started poking her repeatedly. She squirmed and wiggled. I paused for a second and she lifted her head up and looked at me with her soft green eyes and her mouth in a slight smile. I smiled right back. Then she seemed to get an idea.

"Ashton, c'mon we're gonna go somewhere!" She said grinning widely. She bounced up off the couch and sprinted up the stairs. I stood up and followed her out of my house.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"Take a wild guess." She replied.

"Oh let me see...." I thought sarcastically " The ice cream parlor?"

" Ding ding ding. We have a lucky winner!" Taylor yelled enthusiastically.

Over time, going to the ice cream parlor and then walking to the park got to be me and Taylor's "thing".

At the parlor we both ordered our usuals. I ordered the mint chocolate chip and Tay ordered her chocolate peanut butter supreme. She payed and then we headed to the park. When we got there I sat on one swing and she sat in the other exactly like the first day we came here. We enjoyed our ice cream then threw away our trash.

"Hey Ashton, try to catch me!" Taylor screamed as she ran away through the wide field.

Oh great. I thought. But I ran after her anyways.

I caught up to her and grabbed her by the waist and engulfed her in a tackle hug. I fell to the ground and she fell on top of me. Her smile faded and her face became more serious. I stopped smiling too. I took my hand and brushed a strand of hair out of her face. She stared into my eyes. I stared into hers. Then I moved my gaze to her lips.

* ring ring ring ring *

Taylor jumped up and turned away, blushing wildly. I felt a hot, red blush forming on my cheeks too. Then I fumbled for my phone and answered it.

"Hello?" I said into the phone.

"Ashton, hon where are you?" I heard my mothers voice say on the other end.

Shoot. I'd forgotten to tell her where I was going.

"I'm uh at the park mom, with Taylor." I replied.

"Oh ok hon. Just checking. Love you Ashton, bye." She said and hung up.

Way to ruin the moment. I thought to myself.

"Sorry about that." I said, turning to face Taylor. She was still blushing.

"Your cute when you blush." I told her.

That just made her blush even more.

I stood up and walked towards a tree. Taylor got up and followed. I sat against the tree. And Taylor sat beside me. She rested her head on my shoulder and shut her beautiful eyes. Soon I could here her small snores. She's fallen asleep. I lifted my arm and gently placed it around her as a smile appeared on her face. Her eyes were still closed, so I shut mine as well. We stayed like that, her head resting on my shoulder, and my head resting on hers. Peacefully sitting in a comfortable silence. My arm wrapped around her small body. Her sleeping in my embrace. I smiled slightly. I was so happy.