Chapter 6

Taylor's POV

After that day at the park I was slightly disappointed. Because it seemed like we were going to kiss. I don't see why Ashton would want to kiss a lame girl like me but whatever the reason, I was fine with it. He had called me beautiful and cute, but it just wasn't the truth. I was boring, lame, stupid, fat, and extremely ugly. I didn't see how Ashton could even like me as a friend. I loved having him though. He was my very best friend. He was always there for me when I needed him and he was just the best in general. I loved him. I'm not sure if I only love him as a friend, or maybe more. Then I remembered. He could never love me back so what did it even matter. As long as we were friends though it was good enough for me I suppose. About a week after the park incident I was now sitting on the couch in the living room, when I heard the doorbell ring. It was 8:00 at night. Who would be at my door at this time? I got up and walked to the front door. I unlocked it and opened it up to reveal a smiling Ashton standing there. And it was snowing. The snow fell to the ground lightly and the snow already covering the ground glistened and glittered in the pale light of the moon. It was the first snow fall of this year!

"Taylor! Hurry grab your coat, some gloves, and some shoes!" Ashton said to me excitedly.

"Ok, ok one minute!" I replied, rushing away. I grabbed my coat and slipped it on. I took my shoes and also put those on. Then I put a pair of gloves in my pocket. I ran back to the front door and walked out onto the porch where Ashton was still standing.

"C'mon Taylor!"

He grabbed my wrist and pulled me out into the snow covered yard. I laid down and started to make a snow angel. When I finished I sat up and closed my eyes, enjoying the quiet darkness. Then I felt something cold hit my face. I screamed "Ashton I swear..." Trailing off, I picked up some snow and packed it into a ball. I hurled it at Ashton and it hit him right in the middle of the back. He turned around with a mischievous look in his eyes. He started running towards me. I ran away. He chased me around the yard in the light of only the moon until we were both exhausted and chilled to the bone.

"C'mon Ashton let's go drink some hot cocoa." I offered.

"Okay." He replied.

I ran up onto the patio and opened the front door. Ashton followed me inside where we took our snow covered clothes off. He sat down on the couch in the living room while I went to the kitchen to make the cocoa. When I walked in holding two steaming mugs he took one and sipped it before I could warn him how got it was.

"OWW!" He yelped in pain.

"Careful doofus, it's hot!" I said teasingly.

"Who you calling doofus, doofus!" He said back with a smile.

I laughed at his remark.

"I like your laugh." I heard him say, seriously.

"Nah you don't. It's stupid."

"But I do like it."

"Well fine, thanks" I finally agreed.

He stared at me for awhile. I looked at the clock. 11:20 already.

"Hey it's getting late, do you want to umm stay the night?" I asked him awkwardly.

"Uh sure" he replied back.

I led him upstairs to my room and let him sleep in my bed. I laid down on the floor with one pillow and a blanket. Me and him talked for awhile until it seemed that we were both very tired.

"Hey, goodnight Ashy." I said to him.

"Goodnight Tay." He said back.

I was half hoping that he would come down to lay next to me, but he never did. That somewhat disappointed me.

Why would he lay with me anyways, I thought to myself. He was only my friend, after all. He didn't like me anymore than that even if I did. Then since I was very tired I fell into a deep sleep, dreaming only about Ashton.