Chapter 3

Ashton's POV

I stood in front of the school doors waiting for the new girl to walk through the doors. I was her tour, unfortunately. Chances are she's a weirdo. I was told she had red hair and green eyes. Then a girl walked through the doors looking dazed and confused. She was beautiful. Her hair was up in a bun and her sea green eyes sparkled with joy. Her face was pretty too. I stared for a moment while she gathered her surroundings. She was wearing a casual outfit and she seemed to glow with a sparkling look. Wow she was beautiful. She pulled her hair out of the bun and it flowed down a little past her shoulders. It was like a bunch of small waves of red flowing softly around her gentle face. Her eyes gleamed when she saw me. I rushed over to her, so I could be her guide.

"Hi" I said calmly. Keeping my cool.

"H-hi" she stuttered.

Which was adorable.

"Hey I'm Ashton" I said slowly.

"Uh I- I'm uh Ta- Taylor" she blabbed nervously.

I mean I would too if I'd just moved to a new school. So I reached over and grasped her wrist firmly.

"Here I'll show you around Taylor."

I showed her all the different classrooms, the cafeteria, gym, study hall, computer lab, everywhere. I brought her up to her locker and picked up her stuff.

"Here I'll put this away for ya." I said.

She just stood and stared silently. Maybe I was freaking her out or something. Then I led her into the math classroom.

"Here you can sit next to me if you want" I offered.

"Ok" she replied blankly.

So we sat there for the class. A few times I caught her glancing over and staring at me. Every time I caught her she quickly turned away with a soft red blush on her pale cheeks. It was cute when she blushed. At lunch I saw she was sitting all alone. I mean she was the new kid and all. I decided to be friendly so I asked "Mind if I sit here?"

"Umm yea, I mean no I don't mind, I mean yea you can sit" she stuttered.

That was also cute. I started a conversation with her. I told her about myself. When I mentioned the color green, I looked straight into her eyes. She blushed, again. When I went home that night I couldn't stop thinking about her. But then I started telling myself she'd never fall for a guy like me. She was too good for me. It was upsetting but it was also the truth. I found myself wishing that she'd at least be my friend. So the next day I was friendly to her again. We talked at lunch again and she seemed to feel a bit more comfortable around me.

"So why are you even talking to me?" I asked Ashton, seriously.

"Well you seem like a good person, your the new girl, and I need friends." I replied, smirking.

"Haha, thanks then. Your very nice to me you know."

"Well someone as nice as you deserves kindness too" I said casually.

"Okay. Then we're friends?"

"If you'd like."

"Sure."

After that she ate her sandwich in peace.

"Your quiet."

"I know."

"Haha."

The bell rang and we both stood up. She walked to the trash can and threw her stuff away. I did as well.

"So how do you like our school?" I asked her.

"It's nice. Nobody will talk to me but you though." She said with a slight frown.

"Oh."

"It's ok though." She gave a fake smile.

I didn't answer.

"Ashton?" Taylor asked with another frown.

"Yes?"

"Why don't people talk to me?" She was staring into my eyes, with a sad look.

"I do."

"Other people."

"I don't know." I was trying to help.

"Oh. Ok."

Then we walked to class. I sat down and she sat next to me. Again I found myself staring at her. After class was over the bell rang. When we were out by her locker I asked her if she wanted to hang out.

"Taylor?"

"Yea?"

"Uh do you by any chance wanna uh hang out tonight sometime?" I said nervously.

"Sure." She smiled.

"Uh ok umm follow me." I said walking out the front doors of our school.

I grabbed her wrist and led her away from the doors.

"Where are we going?" She asked me, a playful grin on her lips.

"Somewhere!"

"But where?" She whined.

"You'll see."

We walked down the sidewalk surrounded by bright red, orange, and yellow trees.

"Tay? I can call you that right?"

"Yes."

"And Tay?"

"Yes?"

"Do you like ice cream?"

"Yes."

"Good."

"Why?"

"Reasons." I replied. And she never said anything back.

We walked up a drive leading to my favorite place. The ice cream shop.

"Really?!" She looked at me with excitement in her eyes.

"Yes, really. You like ice cream a lot?" I asked her.

"Love it. Especially chocolate with peanut butter."

We walked up to the counter.

The cashier greeted us. "Hello, what would you like today?"

"I'll have the chocolate peanut butter supreme."

"And you?" The cashier nodded towards me.

"I'll have the mint chocolate chip." I replied, and handed her the money.

A couple seconds later she came back with ice cream. Then me and Taylor went and sat on a bench. She ate her ice cream in silence. I did too. I was slightly staring at her. She looked over but I still stared, into her gorgeous green eyes.

"Why are you staring at me?" Taylor asked me.

"Because your beautiful." I found myself replying.

She blushed which just made her prettier.

She never said thank you but we stared into each other's eyes for what seemed like forever. When she glanced away, so did I. And I finished my ice cream, satisfied with the fact that I'd told her she was beautiful.

"I'm not beautiful." I heard Taylor say as she walked off to throw her napkin away in the trash.

I wanted so badly to say:

But you are.