Chapter One

It was not supposed to be like this. How did it happen? The sky is dark with clouds, a dark gloom casted upon it with sadness as it gazed down at the group. Tears streaming from the heavens, falling onto the grounds where two people stand and stare at the figure that lays in another's arms. The figure unmoving, body shuddering with a cough.

* * *

Lightning flashed with warning of the upcoming storm. Two figures walked alongside each other, silence hanging between them. One held an umbrella against his shoulder, a backpack on his shoulders that held a black cat which snoozed and made no sound. The other figure held an aura of sophistication, authority, with a beautiful pink butterfly resting on his shoulder. He glanced over at his company who wore a small frown, eyebrows furrowed, all tells of him being in deep thought. Soon he got tired and bent over, his hand on his knees, drawing his company's attention. "Misono?"

"I'm tired, Shirota." He breathed out, groaning as he sat down on a chair the miraculously appeared out of nowhere. Shirota Mahiru, his companion, sighed but said nothing about it. He knew that he had trouble, his body weak, not to mention the fact that they had been walking for a while now. The heels of his feet were hurting as well so he sat down on the ground beside him, glancing up at the gray sky. He tapped the umbrella that rested on his shoulder.

The cat in his bag meowed and jumped out, glaring at the hazel eyed teen. "Mahiru, why didn't we just take the car?" he complained as he stretched.

Now, most would be freaked out about a cat speaking, but the cat was actually a vampire that represented one of the eight deadly sins. These vampires are known as servant vampires, Servamps, they served their masters called, Eves. Mahiru is the Eve of the Servamp of Sloth, also known as "Sleepy Ash" or newly named "Kuro." Misono was the Eve of the Servamp of Lust, named "All of Love" or "Snow Lily." Mahiru stared at the cat with a sigh. "Kuro, the apartment isn't all that far."

The butterfly flew off Misono's shoulder and changed into a handsome, tall, slender male with blond hair that grazes his shoulders. "Now, now, Kuro, be patient." He let his jacket slipped down, revealing some skin.

"Ugh, what a pain."

"Stop stripping you pervert!" shouted Mahiru, being responded with a small smile and Lily covering himself up. They rested a good bit before standing and starting to walk, Mahiru pausing in his tracks. He noticed a black figure farther away in a deserted park. He frowned and was about to say something but Kuro beat him to the punch.

"Mahiru, we need to run." Kuro noticed the figure that stood not too far from where the four were. His lack of interest was gone, just the need to get all of them to safety. Lily grabbed Misono's arm and led them away. The figure followed them, sending a kick to Lily's back. That sent the Servamp of Lust into the vacant park.

"Lily!" yelled Misono as he ran over to his Servamp. The Eve helped him to his feet, glancing around to look for the figure. Mahiru and Sleepy Ash were right beside him, keeping their guard up. Mahiru's eyes widened when he recognized the person. Light blond hair, tall, and wearing a suit. The most recognizable feature was his eyepatch.

"You're one of Tsubaki's subclasses!" said Mahiru who narrowed his eyes as he clenched his fists. Kuro sighed, knowing what was going to happen. It was such a pain. Mahiru made no move to attack though, he just stayed where he was, looking at the subclass-Shamrock if he remembered right.

"Yes, and you're that Shirota kid. The Eve of Sloth. You cause way too much trouble, it's really annoying." He clicked his tongue, shaking his head as he stared at the four. "Oh, and you have friends. The Eve of Lust. Too weak, won't be much of a trouble."