Chapter Three

Why? Why did he let something like this happen? What had been going through his mind? He cannot believe that he actually agreed to such a terrible thing, but now, there he is, sitting at the table and letting him cook. He is not going to be moving from the table, not leaving the room with the chance of him hurting himself. He had almost cut himself with the knife if it wasn't for him intervening and moving the knife out of the way. He watches him with worry, but he cannot take it anymore after he almost burned himself. He sighs and gets up, walking over to him and grabbing his wrists. The other sighs as he listens to what he has to say, albeit it being something that he doesn't want to hear. "Mahiru, stop, you're going to hurt yourself. I'll cook."

Mahiru knows he can't argue with Sloth, too stubborn and lazy to even try arguing. Kuro leads him to the table and has him sit down, going and preparing the food for himself. He can't believe he has to wait a week to a month before his uncle can come and sign the papers for the surgery. He doesn't want to annoy Kuro too much, so he is trying to show him that he can work like usual without too much of a hassle. He thought he had memorized the kitchen but he had way too much trouble guiding himself. He does not need help, he never had help, especially when cooking. He likes to keep things simple but apparently he can't even do that now. He hasn't been to school since he was let out of the hospital. "You can explain the blindness, but not the stab wounds." Kuro had said to keep him from going. He'll just have to say he was getting used to readjusting into life with the help of one of his friends.

"I hate this," he says aloud. Sometimes he felt like he was practically dragging them down even though they constantly try to reassure him that that was not the case. His eyes set on his legs, his hands skimming the soft cloth of it. "I could be helping, I should be helping in something."

Kuro sighs, getting everything ready and going to his Eve. He places a hand on his shoulder and raises his head so he can look at his face. "Mahiru," he whispers, his crimson eyes holding sadness. "It is alright. Soon you'll get to working and being the housewife we all know. You haven't changed, don't let yourself feel such a way." Sleepy Ash is not all that good at comforting people, Mahiru is the one that helps everyone through the bad times. Why can't he be helpful with this?

He says nothing just nodding and playing with his thumbs. Grabbing his hands, Kuro rubs his knuckles in a comforting manner. "I promise you'll get back on your feet, maybe not today but someday."

* * *

Sakuya's smiling tear stained face. Why did it flash across his mind? Is it taunting him of the promise he made? He can't complete that promise. He wishes that he never made that promise, that he actually decided to make him forget all about him. Mahiru frowns, catching his train of thoughts. I shouldn't think like that! Sakuya is my friend, I will never regret making that promise. He sighs, shaking his head and curling up more into the blanket. He knows that he is to go to school someday, but he can't make himself get up.

"Mahiru," says Kuro poking his head into his room. He lets out a small sigh before walking over to him and sitting beside him. "Mahiru, you need to get up. We're going to Lily's Eve's home." Mahiru sighs and sits up, his head down as he pats around where Kuro is. Kuro grabbing his hand and helping him up. "Come on." He leads him to the kitchen where he made a simple breakfast.

When they arrive at the mansion, Mahiru twitches nervously as he fixes the glasses on his face but he stops when Kuro tells him to. He is just nervous, feeling like he may end up making a fool of himself before reigning in those emotions and taking a breath. I need to stop, I'm only making them worry. This is not how I act and this is not how I will continue acting. I will accept their help. He is led by Kuro and he smiles when he hears Misono's voice and the irritation in it. "Where have you been, bastard?" he yells as when he first sees Mahiru. "You left me with this stripping pervert and the so-called angel and Hyde!"

Mahiru nervously laughs as he rubs his nape, smiling at Misono. "Sorry, Misono."

Misono huffs but let's a small smile as he looks at his smile. "Yeah, well don't do it again."

The two laugh a bit before he is led by Sleepy Ash to the others. He sits down and tilts his head, listening to their conversation. It's like how it was before the accident, which brings a smile to his face. He feels a shift in the air and frowns for a moment before he feels something on his shoulder and Kuro's bell rings in his ear. "You having fun, MahiMahi?"

"Yeah, it's nice." It was nice, but it was also saddening. It's just a small reminder that things would never be the same until he can get the surgery. Uncle, please get here earlier.

Licht casts a glance towards the Sloth pair, watching them interact. He knows that Mahiru losing his sight is hard on him, it was like if he were to hurt his own hands. It would devastate him since he could risk losing the ability to play the piano. Mahiru, he helps everyone and anyone while taking upon their duties himself. He cooks, cleans, does laundry, things that Licht himself had had servants for all his life. Mahiru never did have any of that thus having him learn himself. He is like an annoying mother at times, but he was happy. Now, well, now it's difficult to know if he's truly happy or just putting up an act. He stopped himself for a bit, wondering what had led to those series of thoughts.

Yes, he cared for the Angel-in-training teen but he didn't understand how such depressing thoughts plagued his mind, but as he thought about it, they were true. Mahiru was going to need all of their help to get back to being their usual mother like housewife. His blue eyes landed on the smiling face off the other angel.