Chapter Five

So far everything was going fine. After Sakuya's visit, Mahiru was the same as always. Kuro didn't know what brought that small change but when he noticed him going back to his normal self, he didn't say anything. The truth was that Mahiru just felt terrible that he wouldn't be able to keep his promise and Sakuya being there was just a reminder of what he couldn't accomplish until the surgery was done and over and even then, there was that chance of not being able to get his sight back. Since Sakuya left, Kuro was being kept updated by by in case there was something up or Tsubaki started planning something against them. He remember what Shamrock had said, "I was just walking around and happen to stumble upon the one who deserves to die, and his servamp." Had he planned to kill Mahiru from the beginning? Was that Tsubaki's plan? But why Mahiru? Why kill him? Is it supposed to be a complete blow to Sloth?

So troublesome, he thinks as he watches Mahiru, who's listening to Licht play the piano, tap his thighs to the rhythm. The eve of Greed hasn't been as cold as he usually is which didn't really surprise Kuro. The teen thought that Mahiru is an angel in training, yet there is also the underlying sense of brotherly love he holds for the brunette. When Licht finishes the song, he leads him over to the bench and places his hands on the keys. "Licht?" he asks with uncertainty lacing his voice. He doesn't understand why he's doing this, but he knows not to make up any excuses or argue.

"I'm going to guide your hands that way you can play something, okay?"

He hesitates but he nods, pressing on the keys as he follows the professional pianist.

Hyde watches his Eve guide Mahiru's hands, listening to the melody that they make together while glancing at Kuro. "I've never seen him be this nice," he whispers but Licht still hears and sends a glare at the Servamp of Greed. He gives him an innocent, cheeky smile but it's ignored as they continue to play a melody.

When they finish, Licht stares at Lawless. He did not forget his little comment from before and now, he is going to show him how "nice" he can be. "Hey, Hyde, I'm this close to kicking you," he says, his fingers showing how close he is.

Hyde sweat-drops and points at his fingers, unsure if he should run. "Uh, Licht-chan, your fingers are touching."

"Exactly." *

A few seconds pass before Licht chases Hyde out of the room. Mahiru is left at the piano, his fingers gently skimming the keys while not pressing down. He isn't sure what is exactly going on since the two left, but he can faintly hear the screaming. Kuro sits beside him watching his hands glide over the black and white keys. "Mahi-Mahi?"

"Hmm?"

"Never mind, we should get going." He helps Mahiru who yells out over the screaming that they'll be leaving. They walk in silence with Kuro continuously looking back at Mahiru. He's in his cat form because of the sun, so Crantz clipped a leash on his collar to help guide his Eve.

When they got home, Kuro automatically transformed and took his boots off and unclipping the leash from the string. "Anything specific you want to eat?"

"Ramen will be fine."

* * *

It's been a week and a half, almost two, from the incident, now Mahiru knew something was going on. The others had barely been speaking to him, Kuro says nothing, and he finally started going to school being whacked on the head by both Ryusei and Koyuki, being slightly yelled at for not getting a call or something.

Mahiru laughs softly and shakes his head as the classes starts. He gets help from either Ryusei or Koyuki while thinking of Sakuya. Unknown to him, Kuro had kept him updated on his actions telling him he's regretting the way he reacted to Sakuya's help. Ryusei is teasing Koyuki which makes Mahiru laugh. Koyuki smacks Ryusei on the head after a bit which brings a small snicker from the brunette. "Ma-Mahiru!" Ryusei shouts in a betrayed tone.

"What?" Mahiru grins innocently which caused him to let out a few noises of disbelief.

"He hit me! At least get onto him!"

"Why me?" he shouts back.

"You're the mother hen of the group."

"What'd you say?"

"Don't yell at us! We didn't come up with it!"

"Who did?"

"Like we'd tell you!"

Kuro lets out a loud meowing yawn, getting the attention of the trio of friends. "Oh, Kuro," Koyuki says picking him up not having realized he was there. "He's so cute."

"I still don't get why you named him Black," Ryusei comments, earning a few noises of anger from his friend as he rubs the cat's head. "Your naming skills suck. I hope your wife ends up naming the kids."

"Oh shut up!" he shouts and moves to smack him, but stops when the three of them get smacked on the head by three different classmates.

"Be quiet," scolds the teacher to which they realize that they're still in class and are being stared at. They mutter out a "yes sensei" as they sit back down. "Also, Mahiru please take the cat outside."

"The cat helps guide me around," he states in a polite manner. Koyuki presses the cat into Mahiru's arms and he holds it close to his chest. He puts on a small innocent look on his face as he tilts his head up, his eyes wide making him look like a small lost child. It's a trick they learned to use to their parents when they were younger and rarely use it nowadays. Albeit that, the other two love Kuro and don't want to leave his side since he's so adorable.

"Oh, um, that's fine. You don't really...you don't really cause that much trouble anyways," the teacher stutters. How can anyone resist sweet and adorable Mahiru?

A bright wide smile crosses his face. "Thank you sensei." The two friends just don't know how Mahiru can easily make people agree to his requests without even realizing it. Just a look or a small act and people follow his kindly asked requests. They also do not understand how Mahiru can go from a kind and loving person to a terrifying Latina mother/grandmother (at times).

* Found the idea on Tumblr. I can't remember the name of the person but I'll try looking for them.