Does She Like Luke?

Annabeths POV:

Sitting around the campfire was a lot of fun. It reminded me of the good old days when we had no worries.

Percy's smile was enlightening. He was sitting next to me and he acted like he did when we were 12 on our first quest. I was so glad he liked me. When Rachel came, I thought I wouldn't have a chance with him. She was a mortal that could see through the mist. You don't find someone like that everywhere.

As soon as she joined us on our quest, I could tell that Percy liked her. Even if it was a small crush, he did like her. But I am a normal demigod. I don't even have any powers, all I have is my brain! Most mending find that attractive. I thought that he would follow his father's path, who married Sally Jackson, a mortal that could see through the mist.

"Annabeth. Snap out of it. You were staring at Percy for a long time" Thalia said

I could feel the heat rising on my cheeks.

" Cant get enough this, can't you?" Percy said while flexing his muscles, which have surprisingly grown way larger than when he was 12.

" Oh shut up. I was just remembering something. I didn't even notice I was looking at you" I said

" Stop talking, we have to get moving if you want to save your parents" Phoebe said

" Okay, lets go" Percy said

Thalia and Phoebe lead the way to Aeolous' palace while the rest of the hunters were sent back to Artemis. Percy, Emma and I walked side by side next to Thalia and Phoebe.

Emma came and walked next to me, but she pulled us back so that the rest of them couldn't hear us.

" Annabeth, I know you like my brother. But I want to ask you one thing. Do you still like Luke?" Emma asked. My body tensed at that question. Did I still like Luke?

" I-I used to like Luke, a lot as you may have guessed. Even when he turned evil, I still had feelings for him. But know I am not sure"

" I don't want to be rude and I know it must be difficult, but please, tell me who you like more. Percy was devastated in camp. He would come to me and tell me that you hate him. He would say that it is no use. You dot know how long he has wanted you to notice and like him back. If you aren't sure that you like him, please don't get his hopes up. I don't want him to be heartbroken if you decide to be with Luke or if you don't like him." Emma said. Her voice was sweet and innocent, but I knew that she was serious. She was acting like any good older sister should.

I waited for a while to think of all of the times I hd been with Luke vs when I was with Percy. Luke had that brotherly attractio v=but Percy cared f me and it was clear that he liked me. Especially when he came after me when I was idnpapped when everyone else believed I was dead.

" Luke is like a brother to me now. I realized that I like Percy not Luke. Percy is very sweet, and would never turn his back against me and the gods. Unlike that traitor Luke.

"Ok, good. Because I have seen how much he likes you. He tries so hard. I can see it in him. To tell you the truth, you always see him as a happy and a boy that jokes a lot. But mother told me that before he went to camp and before he met you, he was sad.

He didn't know who his father was, he had an abusive stepfather, he only had one friend and he wasn't doing well in school. But when he met you, he smiled all the time. He was always happy and he had hope. When you are around I see his eyes light up and his spirits are lifted." Emma said

" Yeah, I know. Its just... I am scared to love again. After what happened with Luke, I don't know if I am ready. I try to be strong, and that's what everyone expects me to be. But... I know that Percy wouldn't betray me. He has that rusting felling around him."

" Come on, Emma and Annabeth. We have arrived." Thalia said

Up ahead, there was a long thin staircase that lead up to a palace high up in the air.

I could see Thalia shaking.

" Thalia, if you want we can go in by ourselves, you two should be off" I said to Thalia and Phoebe

" Yeah, that's a good idea. But remember, if Aeolus doesn't like you, then he might want to kill you or keep you as prisoners. So you better be on your best behavior Phoebe said'

" Yeah. Especially you Percy. Don't loose your temper. Stay safe. It was nice meeting you Emma" Thalia said

" Same here" Emma said

" Lets go meet with a dangerous god."  Percy said

As we walked into the palace, i felt my heart beat faster and faster. What if Aeolus decides to kill us? No, I have to make a plan to get him on our good side.

" Excuse me, but who are you?" A wind nymph asked

" Um.. we are here to see Aeolus. He said he wanted to talk to us. You better let us in, or else he will get mad" I said

" O-Of Course" she said, and then she led us to a big doorway.

" Please enter from here" she continued

" Thank you" I replied

" How did you do that?" Percy asked

" Do what?" I asked

" Convince her to let us in, in less than 20 seconds."

" Oh, its just a trick I learned form running away when I was young. Now, lets go meet Aeolus god of the winds."

Emma gently opened the gianormous, but impressive door.

" Ah, welcome. I have been expecting you, daughter of Poseidon and your companions. Daughter of Athena, Son of Poseidon. What an interesting combination to go on a quest. The children of the rivals."