Undeniable [17]

Chapter Seventeen (EDITED)

Ricky's P.O.V.

I see Kian get up out of his chair, and start to walk over to me.

My heart pounds faster than a dogs at the park, and my brain races to so many different thoughts.

I run up and meet him in the middle. We collide into one, and hug.

We hug for what feels like an eternity, and I have never felt so complete in my life. I don't realize it until a few seconds later, but I'm crying, and Kian is too.

I missed him so much, but I didn't realize it until now. I need him to feel okay.

"Kian." I whisper as I pull away and look at him. He looks older. Of course he is older, but you can tell that he has aged, and become a different person.

"I missed you so much Ricky." he barely manages to mumble.

I look away from his eyes, and see Connor staring at me fiercely. He looks like he would kill me right here, right now if he had the chance.

"Um. Kian?" Connor growls.

"Connor. Please. Don't ruin this. I've missed Kian so much, and I don't want you to ruin this." I huff.

"Ricky. You're all over my boyfriend, and I think you need to back off." he says snottily.

"Um Connor, Kian used to be my best friend. I have every right to hug him. I haven't seen him in forever." I mimic his tone of voice.

He shoots me another glare and head back to his seat.

"We should go out front and talk." I suggest.

He nods, and pulls me out front.

"Help me Ricky." he pleads.

"With what?"

"Connor. I can't be with him anymore. Seeing you triggered all my feelings of hate for Connor. I need to get away from him." he starts to cry.

"I can't just take you away from him."

"Yes you can. Lets run away. Far from here. I can't stand not being with you. These last few years have been miserable. It's been like two years since O2L broke up, and three since we did.

I need a fresh slate. I can't stand staying in the old town." I whisper yells.

"Kian. Our choices right now, are to book it back to my hotel, or we can face the facts that you have a boyfriend, and continue on with our lives. I don't care what we do, whatever makes you happy is the one I choose." I says sternly.

"Let's run." he says simply.

I nod to him, and that's what we do.

We run. The fastest we've ever ran before. We were running away from our fears instead of facing them, but maybe this is the only logical thing to do in this case.

---

I stop when are about halfway to the hotel. Kian stops with me.

"We can't do this." I state.

"I know." he sighs.

"You need to go back. I don't I can face Connor." I shake my head.

"I wanted this to work so badly, but I know that it can't."

"Kian, look at me." I politely demand.

He looks up, with tears pooling in his eyes.

"If you and Connor ever break up, come find me. I'm in Seattle. Give me your phone." I tell him.

He hands me his phone, and I punch in my new number.

"I will gladly take you back, but you have to be sure that Connor is no longer a part of your life."

He nods, and turns around, then starts his walk back.

"I love you." I whisper under my breath, as he walks away.

I might never see him again, but I'm okay with that, because if he's happy, then I'm happy.