009

It's not until 5th period that Eddie is more nervous about Richie driving again than their date tonight. Date. Fuck. Now he's more nervous about the date.

"Richie asked me out." He tells Mike, who is his lab partner. They luckily got paired together and have been given a short assignment naming the items they'll be using the semester. Mike is working hard but Eddie is tapping his pencil thinking about what Richie and him will be doing later.

"Took him long enough." Is all Mike says.

"Should- should I be nervous? I'm nervous." He tells Mike. "But I'm nervous about everything, but then again its Richie so I shouldn't be nervous. What if I don't wear a good enough outfit and he cancels the date? Or what if I choke on the food I order and ruin the date? Or-"

"You're insane." Mike says, looking up from his paper is at Eddie. "Richie could care less about what you wear, he thinks you look cute in everything."

"He does?" Eddie sounds surprised. He shouldn't though, Richie always calls him cute; 'cute, cute, cute' is what he says and pinches his cheeks. All the flirting that Richie has done in the past all of a sudden seems fake to Eddie, now that they're are literally going on a date.

"I don't think a day goes by where Richie doesn't comment that 'Eddie looks so cute today' and 'that pink shirt is almost as cute as him'. It's all really annoying."

"So I shouldn't be nervous?" Eddie thinks out loud.

"Oh, no. You should definitely be nervous, who knows what dating Richie Tozier will be like." Mike goes back to his paper. Eddie takes in his words, dating Richie is a crazy idea but an amazing idea. The boy who makes Eddie laugh and smile the most. The boy who knows all his secrets and vice versa. He can do this. Eddie can date the trashmouth.