Chapter Four

It was nearly two months later since Red and Lorna's life was ruined. Red had stopped dying her hair and painting her nails red. Lorna had stopped applying her makeup and curling her hair. Alex and Piper has stopped bickering constantly. Norma had stopped her voodoo magic. Gina hardly spoke and Boo stopped trying to get in bed with all the new inmates. They had all changed but not for the better. Of course they couldn't know for certain but they hadn't been told otherwise so they felt pretty safe to assume. Nicky's bunk hadn't been cleared and no one dared do it. Her bunk was shared with Norma so every nigh the family would solemnly gather there. Since Nicky had died they all became even closer. Their grief brought them together even more. It wasn't until Nicky was gone they realised just how much they loved her. Boo, who was the one who found Nicky laying lifeless in the bathroom, had become a bigger part of their family and was traumatised since finding Nicky. 

They had all written a letter to her and put it inside a ballon and released them into the sky.

My dearest Nicky,

I remember the fist time I met you. Drowning in orange. I don't know what it was that drew me to you but something did and I am so glad it did. You have been my light in the darkest times. I will treasure every moment I had with you. Even the times I held you hair back as you went through withdrawals. My father always used to say to me 'for wherever in this world you may roam, in my heart you'll always be home'. I want you to remember that my daughter. In my heart you'll always be home.

My love forever, Ma

Nicky,

I want to tell you something. Something I should've said along time ago. I love you. Not just as a friend but as a lover. I didn't realise it until you had gone. I wish I could return all the love that you gave to me. The way you held me when I cried or listened to me talk about my stupid wedding with Christopher. I need to tell you that what I had with Christopher was fake and I threw what I had with you away because of my stupid fantasy. I wish I could turn back time, I would do things so differently and now I can never have you again.

I love you, Lorna

Dear Nicky,

I remember the day I came to prison and a I saw you sitting in your bunk, reading a magazine with your earphones in. And the time when Red starved me out and my commissary hadn't come in yet so you brought the things I needed to make it up to Red with yours. You have always offered me the best advice and I wish I could hear your voice again.

Chapman

Dear Nichols,

Remember that time in the bathroom? We both came out of the shower at the same time and I saw that scar. We talked for a while and I felt a connection to you. You made me laugh and you comforted me when I cried. I can safely call you my best friend.

Vause

Gina and Norma had drawn her a picture of the family and Boo had decided to place in a picture that Nicky had at the side of her cabinet.

It was dinner time and the only people at the table at the time was Red, Alex and Piper. The canteen door opened and as Red glanced up her heart stopped.