Chapter Ten

Vee pushed Nicky against a wall. The inmates all standing around. Crazy Eyes began to create a distraction leading all the COs out into the corridor. As soon as they left one of Vee's followers locked the door so they couldn't get in. Her other follower pulled out a gun and pointed it to the crowd of inmates gathered around.

"Anyone moves and I shoot!" She screamed. The COs were desperately trying to get back in but they were failing. Red, Lorna, Alex, Piper, Gina, Norma and Boo were standing in the front row. They all wanted to run to help Nicky but they knew what would happen if they did. They knew Nicky could handle herself but when it came to Vee, even the strongest seamed weak. Vee pulled out a knife and helped it against Nicky's neck. Then dragged her forward and heled her tightly. Nicky was shaking violently trying to get away from Vee's tight grasp.

"Stay still Nicky" begged Red. Nicky stopped. Vee looked at Nicky.

"You think your strong...but your not. Your just a stupid junkie who relies on drugs to go on. You are worthless. I want everyone to see how weak you really are." She moves the knife away from Nick's neck and then took a pair of scissors from her bra and began to cut away Nick's top to reveal a scar the size of a pencil beside her left breast. Red looked shocked. She had no idea what it had come from but now was definitely not the time to ask. Vee dropped the scissors on the floor and held the knife back up to her neck. She pushed it closer into her neck and it began to make a small cut.

"Please stop!" Screamed Red, panic all over her face. Vee turned to face Red, still holding the knife to Nicky's throat. She chucked. She looked back at Nicky but stopped pressing it against her throat so hard.

The COs were still banging against the door trying to get it. With Vee's followers holding Nicky tightly, Vee took her spare hand and traced her finger up and down Nicky's scar. Nicky flinched. Tears were silently streaming down her face. Blood was dripping down her neck and falling down her chest. It stung like hell.

"Nobody cares about you. When Red gets out of this prison she will leave you for her real family. You mean nothing to no one." As Vee finished talking five armed COs barged in. Instantly grabbing Vee and her followers. There was a gunshot as Vee was being pulled back. Nicky fell to the floor.

"No!" Screamed Red, running over to her girl. "Where did it get you?"

"It didn't." Nicky sobbed. Red pulled Nicky up onto her lap gently. Nicky grabbed hold of her shirt and cried. Red comforted her. Red would never let her girl go again.

***
Seven years later

Nicky was around her dining room table with Red and her new fiancé, Lorna.

"Let me see the ring?" Red asked Lorna, reaching out for her hand. Lorna placed it in Red's. She smiled brightly.

"You've done good Nicky."

"Thanks Ma."

"So what are your plans for the wedding then?" As Lorna began taking, Nicky knew that this would be the next forty minutes taken up with wedding talk. She smiled as she looked over at her fiancé. After everything they had been through she couldn't believe Lorna was really hers. Then her eyes drifted onto Red, who was listening intently to Lorna. It was in that moment that Nicky knew she had everything she could ever want.

So that's this finished then. It's taken me a lot longer to get there than I expected but I was struggling to find ideas and motivation to end it. If you made it this far, thank you! Make sure you check out my two other Nichorello fics. Love me and through sickness and in health. I am much better at updating them. Thank you again! Xx