Chapter 7: The Red Death and comeback

"Alright now Emily kens will be your rider OK?" asked shadow. "NO WAY!!! I don't even trust her." said Emily while facing the other way. However kens was in front of her. "GET AWAY from me!!!" screamed Emily. "I'm so sorry." replied kens. "Wait you sound like her." Emily then stared at her with deep concentration. "Who?" "N-never-mind just get on with shadow." Meanwhile with shadow's father they were trying to find the dragon's nest. "Lead us to the nest beast." Sonic growled at him but then his ears started to twitch and his throat was making a clicking sound and looking towards the right. "Out of the way!" ivo then got to the steering and steered the way sonic was facing. Later they finally made It to the nest and sonic started to whimper. "Shut it you mutt." ivo said so sonic and walked in the hole of the nest and scared all the dragons away. Ivo and his crew one until a giant dragon came out of the ground and roared. "Saint oak help us all." Ivo and his crew than ran away from the beast "GET TO THE SHIP'S!!!" They were just about there until the beast lit them all the ships on fire. But then dragons came flying from the sky. "Everyone distract that thing kens, Emily get me to sonic." shadow ordered.

"THAT'S MY SON!!!" Ivo shouted proudly. "Make me proud." shadow, kens, and Emily soon found Sonic in a flaming ship. "Emily, kens go help them I'll help sonic." shadow then jumped off Emily and started to pull the chain. "Good luck." they said as they flew off. "SHADOW you came back." sonic cheered. "I'll always come back to you but now we have to get you out of th-" suddenly a fireball hit the ship and made them fall into the water. Shadow pulled on the chain again but was about to lose his breath until someone grabbed him and brought him to the surface. "*cough* *cough* d-dad?" shadow asked weakly. Ivo then jumped back into the water to save sonic. Seconds later he came back up with sonic to his side. "SONIC!!" shadow yelled with joy. "Shadow I'm sorry now you should go and help your friends." Ivo instructed. Shadow and sonic nodded and they flew to help their friends. "You ready sonic?" asked shadow. "Ready as ever shads." sonic then charged up his fire and shot straight at the beast to knock him down. "Now let's see if this big boy can use his wings." the beast just then opened his wings and flew towards shadow and sonic. "Yup he can use them now what?" asked sonic starting to get worried. "We go into the clouds and destroy him." they then went into the clouds along with the beast. Soon the beast had enough of this little game of there's and spit fire everywhere. "SONIC LOOK OUT TURN!!!!" it was too late and sonic's fake wing got on fire. "Shadow what do we do!!??" sonic and shadow were starting to panic. "Wait ive got an idea!" shadow stated.