Chapter Twenty Two

"Heather?" I ask in disbelief as a smirk forms on her pink gloss covered lips.

"The one and only."

"Last time I saw you-"

I cut myself off watching her get out of the backseat before getting into the passenger's seat.

"Last time you saw me? When you drove us off the road?" Shaking my head I put my car into reverse before glancing around me for anyone. After seeing it clear I back out before driving off down the road.

"I thought you were dead or something! Where in your head did it seems normal to run off into the forest? What happened that night?"

"What are you talking about? You were there. Why don't you tell me? As for the whole "run off into the forest" thing never happened. That would be illogical."

Sighing I turn my blinker on. After looking over my shoulder I change lanes before groaning, "Heather I'm not in the mood. Just tell me what happened. I texted you, but never got a response. I've been worried about you. It seems all was in vain."

Raising an eyebrow at me, "Really now? I never got a text from you nor anyone for that matter. Do you really want to know what happened?"

"Yes, the truth would be nice." Rolling her eyes at my sarcasm before starting her explanation.

"Turn left up here."

"What? No, I'm not following your directions ever again." Exclaiming I glance over at her to see her playing with a strand of dirty blonde hair. As she asks, "Oh? And why is that?" I turn my attention back to the road.

"Hm... Let me think. Maybe because you didn't tell me where we going until we were practically there and you caused me to get into a decent amount of trouble."

"You know blaming others is a sign of low self esteem."

As the light ahead of me turns yellow I take my foot off the gas and start to put pressure on the brakes. Slightly annoyed I say, "I've that before and just so you know: I don't have self esteem issues. Now cough it up. Don't think that I haven't noticed that you keep avoiding my questions."

"Miss Lawrence please answer the question. We've been dancing around this all night and I know this is hard to imagine happening to your family, but rest assured that we will do our best to find your sister."

Looking up from my intertwined fingers I meet their eyes before glancing at the notepad in Officer Hansen's callused hand. There are countless notes already taken causing the rope/hand wrapped around my heart to tighten. The brown couch begs for us to stand and finnish already. After all it's been hours.

"I haven't seen her since yesterday when she stopped by with a group of her close friends."

Pencil in hand he nods before asking me a question, "And who are these "close friends" of hers?"