Four

I picked up my phone and saw that it was 3:15am. I put my phone back down and then looked over at my husband who was snoring quietly next to me and let out a sigh. I then turned my head to look up at the ceiling, put my hands on my chest and crossed my ankles.

I couldn't get to sleep because I've started getting more and more uncomfortable at night. I was 5   months pregnant and my body was starting to betray me. I was always tired during the day, and Aubrey's ass always falls asleep within minutes at night while I suddenly get the energy I lacked during the day and lie awake for hours. Like right now.

I opened my phone again and scrolled through Twitter, and then Instagram, and then Twitter again. Even my fans were asleep. I was so bored. I looked around the dark room for a little while and then eventually put my headphones in the audio-jack of my phone and clicked on the Netflix app. I clicked resume on the most recent episode of Law and Order I was watching and balanced my phone on my bump.

About 20 minutes into the episode, I saw my phone move a little and a weird flutter in my stomach. Then it happened again. I pulled my headphones out of my ears and turned on the lamp next to me which didn't even make Aubrey budge. I put a hand on my stomach and I was met with a small kick.

My baby was kicking!

I couldn't help the huge smile form on my face. "Hi, sweetheart," I whispered as I rubbed my hand up and down my stomach, feeling the life inside me move around.

I felt tears begin to well up and I decided I need to share this moment with my husband. I put my hand on his shoulder and began to lightly shake him.

"Mmm," was all he mumbled with his eyes still closed.

"Baby?" I whispered, getting closer to his face so he could hear me.

"Hm?" he asked without opening his eyes.

"Aubrey, our baby started kicking."

His eyes shot open when I said this and he sat up immediately which made me laugh.

"Really?" I could see him tearing up a little bit too which made my heart melt. "This isn't like the other night when you lied to me just to get me to stay up with you, right?"

I laughed and put my hand on his cheek. "No, it's not like that. I promise," I said, taking his hand and putting it where mine was a few minutes ago on my stomach.

He gasped a little as our baby began to kick softly at his hand. He moved a little closer to my stomach and looked up at me, smiling.

"O-oh my god, Rob," he said as I put my hand over his and returned his smile.

We sat there in silence for a little bit as he ran his hand over the small spot on my stomach where the baby was kicking. All the sudden, I felt a stronger kick than usual which made me lurch forward and grunt a little.

"Ow! What the hell is going on in there?" I asked our unborn child, as Aubrey laughed and continued to rub my stomach.

"He's strong already. He really has those Graham genes."

"He?" I asked, raising an eyebrow and getting comfortable again.

"Yeah. He's gonna be a boy, baby," Aubrey told me like it was obvious.

I scoffed. "She's gonna be a girl," I said, sure of myself. I actually knew our baby was going to be a girl. I called the doctor earlier this week because I couldn't stand waiting. He doesn't have to know that though.

He just shrugged. "We'll see." I shoved his shoulder lightly as we both laughed.

He suddenly moved up next to me and wrapped his arms around me, pulling me closer to him. We stared at each other for a bit before I moved my head to the crook of his neck. I felt the baby start to stir again as I did this which made me smile against Aubrey's neck.

The silence was comfortable. He was rubbing my back which felt really fucking good considering how bad it's been starting to hurt me lately.

"I'm so excited," I said, quietly breaking the silence.

"Hm?" I heard him say. I think he was falling back asleep.

"I said, I'm excited," I repeated, looking up at him and seeing his eyes flutter open again.

"So am I, beautiful," he responded, giving me a tired smile.

I returned his smile and rubbed my hand along his chest. "Go back to sleep, baby," I told him.

He shook his head. "I wanna stay up with you two," I said, referring to me and the baby which made my heart flutter a little.

"Well, I'm going to sleep, so stay up if you want," I said smirking and starting to roll over. He stopped me from doing so and pulled me back to him, putting his lips on mine. He pulled away and started to kiss my neck softly.

"Mmmmm," I let out as I titled my head back, giving him more access to my neck. He pulled away all too soon and then kissed my nose. I pouted a little. He can't just do that and then stop. I was pregnant and he knew my hormones were crazy. I let it slide though.

"Goodnight, baby. I love you," he said, pulling away from my face.

"I love you too," I said, turning over so he could wrap his arms around me, putting his hands on my stomach. The baby started kicking immediately when he did this. He buried his face in my neck and I heard his small snores in a matter of minutes.