Five

This story is short and weird, but I got the idea when I was watching Rihanna's interviews for Home and she said she still sucked her thumb sometimes, lol. I just wanted to upload something while I'm working on more stories. I hope you enjoy. x

I was curled up on the couch as I waited for Aubrey to get home from a meeting. He left before I woke up this morning, and he's been gone all day. I've been bored and alone in his penthouse the whole time. I pulled the blanket that was covering me closer to my body as I clicked 'yes' when Netflix asked me if I was still watching Criminal Minds. I've been binging.

I got about 20 minutes into the episode before I felt my eyes start to droop. I tried to stay awake, but I couldn't fight the feeling. I closed my eyes and unconsciously brought my thumb up to my mouth.

Sucking my thumb is a stupid habit that I've never been able to shake for some reason, and I don't always do it. Probably like once a month. I've never let Aubrey see me do it because it's too embarrassing, BUT he's not here.

....

I was woken up a little later when I felt a pair of soft lips on my forehead. I took my thumb out of my mouth and smiled, my eyes still closed.

"Hi, baby," Aubrey whispered as he ran his hand along my hip.

"Hi," I replied as I slowly opened my eyes. I saw him smirking and then I realized that he saw me sucking my thumb. My eyes widened as I sat up.

"How was your meeting?" I asked, avoiding the obvious.

"Good. Long. How was your nap?"

"Good. Did you bring food back?"

"Yup. Chinese," he said, nodding towards the kitchen.

We stared at each other for a little bit before I finally broke the silence.

I sighed and looked down. "You saw."

"I did," he nodded.

"You probably think I'm weird as fuck."

He chuckled a little before responding. "Rob, we've been together for four years, and you think this is the first time I've seen you suck your thumb?"

I looked up and raised an eyebrow. "You're lying like shit. I always make sure I never do it in front of you."

"Well, yeah, when you're still awake. You do it in your sleep all the time."

I felt myself getting red. "Seriously? Shit. I'm sorry, it's just this weird thing I've always done. It's so embarrassing."

"Yeah, it's weird, but it's cute. You're cute. You never have to feel embarrassed about things with me, you know that. You've seen a lot of the dumb shit I do, that's for sure."

I laughed a little as he took my hand and pulled me close to him. "Oh, I definitely know that."

He returned my smile and kissed me for the first time all day.