Eight

I walked off the side of the stage and happily accepted the water bottle that was being handed to me on my way back to my dressing room. I've been smiling all night. I had just gotten done performing with DJ Khaled, and it was the most fun I've had in so long. I've missed performing so much.

I also won my ninth Grammy earlier in the night as well, so I was really on a roll. As happy as I was though, I knew something was missing from tonight.

Aubrey.

He told me he wasn't going to be able to make it tonight due to a scheduling conflict, and I was upset about it. He and I had just gotten back together, and I hate the fact that we couldn't spend time together already.

I sighed and took a sip of my Fiji water as I reached my dressing room door. I was reaching for the doorknob when I stopped and looked around. Something is off. No one was here. Usually after I perform, my friends are already here waiting for me, so we can celebrate.

After a few moments of looking around the hall to try and spot any of my friends, I just shrugged and opened the door. I was dying to take this dress off and change into something more comfortable. As beautiful as my dress was, it was itchy as hell and I was sweaty.

I walked over to the couch and clothing rack on the right side of the room and immediately began stripping from my crystal dress and tights. I slipped on one of Aubrey's T-shirts and some sweatpants I brought with me so I could be comfortable for a little while before I go back into the audience.

Speaking of, why aren't my friends here yet? It's been about ten minutes since I got back and not a single person had come back here. I lazily sat down on the couch and grabbed my phone, texting Mel and Yusef, asking where they were.

I put my phone down and took another sip of water as I suddenly heard a knock on the door.

"Finally," I said out loud, assuming it was my friends. "Come in!" I called out.

No one came in, so I told them to come in again. Nothing.

"Ugh," I groaned as I got up off the couch just as I was getting comfortable. I swung open the door thinking I was going to see my late ass friends, but I was met with a large vase full of pink and red roses.

"Whoa," I said quietly. I leaned down and grabbed the vase with both hands because it was so heavy. I grunted as I gripped the vase tightly as I stood up straight, shut the door with my foot and brought the flowers over to the vanity.

I let out a small breath as I set them down and then stepped back a little to observe them. I smiled when I realized who they were probably from. I grabbed one of the pink roses and put it up to my nose and inhaling its sent. It was so fresh and beautiful.

As I was placing the rose back with the others, I noticed a small note sticking out from the large bouquet. I quickly grabbed it and read what was inside.

Tonight is yours. I love you. - Aubrey

My smile grew bigger as I read this and then placed the note against my heart which was currently aching because he wasn't here with me right now.

I was suddenly snapped out of my emotional moment by a deep voice behind me.

"Do you like them?"

I whipped around and saw my boyfriend standing in the door frame. I blinked a few times just to make sure this was real and he was really standing there in front of me.

"Oh my god!" I happily yelled out as I was speeding walking over to him. He smiled and held his arms out for me and I wrapped my arms tightly around his neck when I reached him. He wrapped his arms around me tightly and then spun me around causing me to let out an embarrassing squeal.

He finally set me back down on the ground and kept his hands on my hips, mine wrapped around his neck still.

"I thought you couldn't be here," I said with a look of confusion mixed with happiness.

He shrugged. "Originally I couldn't, buuuuut you're a lot more important to me than meetings. I rescheduled for next week," he smiled as he squeezed my hips.

"You're so corny," I laughed as I put my hands on his face. "And I love you for it. Thank you."

"I love you," he told me as he leaned down to kiss me. We kissed for a few moments before he pulled back and I pouted. I was just getting into it.

He noticed this and chuckled but then spoke again. "You never answered my question though. Do you like the flowers, you nine time Grammy winner?"

I blushed a little when he said that. It's still surreal. "I love them. They're so beautiful, Aubrey," I told him as I stepped out of his embrace and walked over to the vase again. He followed me and then wrapped his arms around my waist from behind as I was admiring the flowers.

I laughed as he kissed my neck, tickling it with his beard as he did so. I looked at him and I in my vanity mirror and everything looked...right. Everything felt right. Being back with him felt right. He lifted his head from my neck and we made eye contact in the mirror.

"I'm so happy you're here," I told him.

"So am I, Rob."

I turned around in his arms after he said this and wrapped my own around his torso, tightly hugging him.

I felt him kiss the top of my head and I smiled into his chest.

Did you guys watch the Grammys? Rihanna now has nine Grammys! I'm so proud of her! I loved her performance too. She looked so beautiful. Also, I mean no disrespect to Rihanna's current relationship! I just had this idea and thought it could be cute. Sorry for the abrupt ending though, lol. I didn't really know how to end it, but maybe I'll come back and edit it. Anyways, hope you enjoyed! x