c h a p t e r 2

{bad news}

For the rest of the night, I sat in agony. My dad was being taken to a place that was not known by him, only the general of the army. My mom got offered a full-time job for being head of her anesthesia group which means Ron is probably going to have to stay at my house, drive me to school, and do everything my parents would have to do. I barely even know the guy and he's having to do this for me. All I hope is that he's someone who can take a joke and hear about my rants of being a teenager in this age.

It was about 6 o'clock in the morning and I still had school. Still close to sleep-walking, I put on ripped pants and a maroon crop top sweatshirt to school wearing my usual makeup, and putting my hair in two French braids. Heading downstairs I found my mom and the apparent "Ron" talking.

"Morning Blake, this is Ron, Dad's colleague." She says as she puts her badge on. I was literally speechless. He was about 6'2 jet black hair that was just the right length to fit the form of his face. His eyes were like nothing I've ever seen before. They were an ice blue and held strength, but were also caring. He was wearing a black shirt that was showing his strong veiny arms and god damn were they nice.

"Good morning Mom." I said then smiling at Ron and walking to the kitchen to get some breakfast.

They were both talking about how long my mom would be gone and what hours she's off. He seemed like a very nice guy who was in the military, let's just hope he doesn't make me say "yes sir" every time I have to say something. He already looks like a hard-ass.

After eating my breakfast, my mom had left and it was time to go to school. Heading out to the front of the house, I froze. This is the guy I've passed everyday going to school with my mom. I would've never thought that the man who was supposed to be taking care of me, was the truck I was obsessed with. 

Ron broke the silence "So, your dad told me you liked fixing trucks?" I answered with a nod. "I have been technically all my life. Every time he asks, it's more of a habit for me to join in with him."

No words were spoken after that little conversation. Just the sound of the engine turning on and heading to school. My hands were fidgeting because I was still super worried about my dad and where he was being taken to and Ron had noticed my nervousness.

"Hey kid, you okay?" He had asked with his low gruff voice.

"I don't know what I'm feeling. Will my dad be safe? He has never had a mission where nobody tells him where the troops are going."

"Listen kid. Their group is the highest in the nation. They kick ass every single day without having to lift their hand. I promise you they will be fine. But, I need to know what time your school gets out so I can pick you up then." He said as he parked his truck.

"2:45. Thanks for taking me to school!" I say as I shoot him a smile and grab my backpack heading out of his truck

"You're welcome kid."

Today was my bad day. I had most of the bad guys in my classes and one pervy teacher that always talks to me and was so close to getting a smack in the face. I've never wanted to tell my parents, because they might blame part on me for my clothes and make me wear sizes that are 10x bigger than I actually wear, or they would take me out of that school. And I would not want that happening. I wouldn't know anyone in another school. After dropping off my backpack I head to art class.

This is the class with most of the "bad boys" in my school. Some of them smoke, others just have a bad reputation. As I enter the classroom, I already see them. The bad one's name is Brett. Pretty sure he hates my guts, don't know why, but he just does. He gives me a blank stare as I pass him. Other guys turn around. Brett whispers "hey Easton, I'll give you $20 if you slap Blake's ass" he shows him the money to show him it's a real bet.

Easton walks off with confidence over behind me. I was talking to some of my friends when someone behind me slapped and grabbed my ass. "I'd kill for you to be with me" he said as he forcefully grabbed my chin to make me look at him. I tried to push him but only ended up with him coming closer to me.

"Get the hell away from her you creep!" I sighed and rolled my eyes when my friend Maddy came up and took Easton off of me.

I watched as Easton went back to Brett with that awful smirk on his face. Brett handed something to him making the both of them look my way. Jesus I freaking hate boys.

The rest of the day went by pretty slow, until I got to my last class; pervy teacher. I should start to call him that from now on. Mr. Tron taught Science. All of the science rooms are very open and on the top floor since we have to deal with so many chemicals, we have windows so if it gets too hot or smelly, we can open them up. Unfortunately, he taught anatomy which was super awkward because he would always use me as an example. I always felt super uncomfortable but at the end of the day, it didn't hurt me but I did feel exposed and it was unnecessary.

I finally was out of that class. It seems like days when we finally get to leave. Ron was on time as I heard the engine of his truck as he pulled up to the front.

"Hey kid, how was school?"I was contemplating if I should tell him. It's only my first day with him, but if I told him, he could beat them up for me.

"It was okay, there are some really weird pervy boys at my school that are weird towards me, and an annoying teacher as well." Ron gave me a confused look.

"So you're telling me those mechs want to mate with you?" He said in a curious tone. "Shit" he grumbled under his breath. "Sorry..I meant those guys were being weird to you, because of what exactly?"

"Uh, I don't really want to say it yet. Maybe in the future." I said. What did he mean by mechs? And mating? Is that like a term back at my dads base?

"Alright kid." He said as he turned the engine off of his truck. "Head inside, I need to make a call."

And with that I went inside the house set my backpack down, and went upstairs to go shower and get ready for the night.

"Hey James, have you found out where they sent you and what for?"

"Ron.. They sent me where I was creating my project. I'm under strict surveillance in Iraq. They said that if I don't get this project finished in time, they'll kill me. Shit.. I gotta go Ron, I'll call you as soon as possible." And with that, he ended the call.

Ron sighed and placed his left hand on the steering wheel while the other was rubbing his temple.

"Come on James, finish it, for Blake."

Please let me know how I'm doing by commenting or favoriting! It helps a lot :)