Wounded

Your pov

I had just finished making dinner when I heard the door open. "Mon amour, we are home at last." I heard Laf say. I walked out into the living room, but Winnie was acting strange. I kissed Lafayette on the cheek and smiled at Winifred. But she did not smile back, now I knew something was wrong. "Winifred sweetie, is something wrong?" She tried to hide her face, that's when I saw a tint of red on the side her face. I immediately tilted her chin up, there was a huge red mark on her face. I gasped and turned to Lafayette who mumbled something like 'here we go.' "GLIBERT MARQUIS DE LAFAYETTE! EXPLAIN!" I yell while Winifred walks into the kitchen. "Well that idiot Jefferson only wanted to us her to be lady like and listen in or something, but when she sided with Hamilton he slapped her in the face." I started to cry and he held me close. "He only wanted to use her, and when she made a point he said he was just putting her in her place." As he explained to I allowed myself to tear up a bit. "But don't worry, I punched him in the jaw." I giggled and he guided me into the kitchen to eat dinner. Winnie told me about the come back she came up with. We laughed and talked, and then I realized we hadn't talked like this in awhile. After Winifred went to bed I went into her study to see what she had been writing about. I looked through the stacks of pages and saw the story she was writing, but something caught my eye. I saw the letters Philip was writing to her. They were poems, it was pretty clear he liked her. I heard Lafayette come into the room, he picked me up in his arms and kissed my jawline. "Come Ma Cherie, you need rest." Was all he said before walking off with me towards our bedroom. We cuddled for awhile before I fell asleep in his arms.