Warning

Your pov
I started to stand up, but Laf grabbed my arm. I yanked away not hearing him call after me, I stomp over to Jefferson. "Care to explain why my daughter came home with a red mark on her face!" I half shouted. He smiled and rolled his eyes. "Oh great, another war veterian lecturing me. At least this ones attractive.~" I felt the rage explode. "Thomas Jefferson." "That's my name." I raised my hand to hit him across the face, he flinched and I put down my hand, but I pulled him by his collar. "If you ever hurt my family again, you better pray that a woman could ever find you attractive again after I am through with you." I say still struggling to contain myself. I see a bead of sweat roll down his face. "So do I make myself clear?" He raised his hands in defeat and fear. I smiled and set him down and walk back to Laf feeling more confident than ever. We returned home, but something was off. I no longer heard the sound of the quill. I walked to the study to find Winifred putting a cover on a medium sized book. She turned around and smiled. "May I drop this off to Eliza please, I also need to get my first assignment from Alexander." I beamed and nodded. She ran out the door. I hugged Laf as he handed me a letter from Atticus.

Dear Mother and Father,                                                                                                                                     

I would like to tell you that Philip and I have exceeded all our classes, We will be home by the time you read this or maybe the next day. Expect us home soon. I can't wait to see you.

                                                                        Love Atticus

I felt tears of joy fall down my face.