Chapter 1: The Fight

His hand, moved across the rough grooves of the car door, as he sat in the soft chair, leaning against the window, watching as the other cars drove past him.

"Spencer, I'm not mad." A voice said from beside Spencer, as his father drove the car.

Spencer continued to stare out the window, as he moved his hand across the glass, feeling the cold moisture rub off onto his finger. He watched as the snow stuck to the window from the outside. His father moved his hand to the radio as he flipped it on, and suddenly the song, "Sleigh Ride" turned on, as Spencer continued to look out the window.

He continued to look out the window, as he saw someone slowly walking down the street, and suddenly walking into the road, as the car next to their's slammed their breaks down, nearly missing the man. Spencer turned to try to keep watching, but the scene slowly faded out of sight. He turned back to face the road in front of him, as his father continued driving.

"You should really put some ice on it." His father said, directed towards the large red area around Spencer's eye.

"I'm fine." He said, as he placed his hand over it, flinching as he made contact with it.

"Once we get to your brother's house we will fix your face up." His father said.

Spencer sighed as he leaned his head back against the chair, looking up at the roof of the car. His father turned his head, noticing this, then turned back to the road.

"Spencer--"

"Jesus dad, just shut up. I understand you're not mad, but you don't have to treat me like a child." Spencer said

His father suddenly pulled to the side of the road and stopped the car at a sudden jolt. Spencer caught his breath as he turned and looked at his father.

His father suddenly turned to him, as he stared him in the eyes. "I'll stop treating you like a child when you finally decide to grow up and act like a man! You hear me?" He yelled at him.

Spencer turned his head back to the front of the road, as he let out a deep sigh. "Can we not do this right now? Please. It's Christmas."

His father turned back to the road and sighed alongside him. "You know, why do you do the things you do?"

Spencer turned away from his father and looked across the street, over into a large parking lot next to a strip mall, as he saw a person slowly limping and walking along the pavement. He began to slowly hear his father's voice fade away, as Spencer's attention went fully to the person walking.

"Spencer..." He heard softly. "Spencer!" The voice yelled as his father's hand landed on his shoulder and turned him the other way. "What're you doing?" He asked him.

"Nothing!" Spencer said as he snapped out of it and looked at his father.

He sighed and started up the car again, continuing to drive down the road.

-====+====-
2 Weeks Later
-=====+====-

     Mimi stepped back into the school as she took a deep sigh, walking along the hallways and back towards her dorm room. She opened up the door, throwing her suitcase onto her bed and sitting down next to it, kicking off her shoes and letting out yet another deep sigh, this time a sigh of relief. She unzipped her suitcase as one of her room mates walked in, alongside her was her boyfriend, who was clearly already out of college. They went and sat down on the bed across the room from Mimi's.

"Hey Mimi." She said, with a small rude attitude, but not one anyone would notice.

"Hi, Ashley." Mimi said, as she turned and decided to mind her own business.