Chapter 5: Silent Night

The tires rolled smoothly across the asphalt street, as the car quickly drove back into town from the restaurant. Tyler was in the driver's seat, as his girlfriend Victoria was to right of him. Danny and Lisa were sitting in the back seat, as they drove back from a "lovely" get together.

"I can't believe they kicked us out." Danny said. "I barley got to eat my food."

"They kicked us out for a very good reason. That man just attacked a waiter for no reason, what if it was one of us?" Lisa said.

"I'd fight back of course? Defend my food." Danny said proudly yet sarcastically.

Victoria squinted as she tried to make out something that was in front of them.

"Do you see that?" She said, as she pointed in-front of the car.

"See what?" Tyler said as he leaned forward a little, as the figure became clearer and clearer from the lights of the car. He soon realized it was a person, as he quickly turned the wheel, trying to dodge it as the car swirled off the road, crashing into a large electrical pole.

Lisa swung forward as the seatbelt caught her, alongside Danny, who had hit his head on the seat in-front of him.

"What the hell?" Danny said as he lifted himself up, turning and looking at Lisa.

"Tyler?" Lisa said, as she tried to look in the front seat. She saw Tyler behind the airbag, as he tried pushing it out of the way.

"I can't move my foot." He said, as he attempted to lift his leg but was unable to. "I'm stuck." He said.

Danny opened the car door as he got out, falling onto the street as he stood up, situating himself.

"I'm going to help you Tyler, it's going to be okay." Lisa said as she tried to unbuckle the seat belt. "We're going to be okay." She said.

"Holy Shit—" Danny said, as he walked around to the front of the car, seeing the windshield was completely shattered, and Victoria wasn't sitting in the car. Danny looked down the road, seeing her lying on the ground as he quickly ran over to her.

Lisa finally unbuckled the seat belt as she kicked the door open, turning and opening Tyler's door when she got out of the car. She saw that when the car had hit the pole, Tyler's foot got stuck on the bottom, which was now crushed. "I'm going to get you out of here." Lisa said, as she attempted to lift Tyler up, as he tried holding in his yell.

"Stop stop— it hurts too much." He said. "Just call an ambulance they can handle it." He said as he leaned back in the chair.

Lisa pulled out her phone, which she had completely forgot about, and dialed 911. It rang for a quick second, then suddenly went to a busy signal. She dialed it again, but instantly got the same thing. "Dammit!" She yelled as he lowered her phone. "We're on our own, Tyler." She said. "I'm going to do this one more time, this time, I'm not going to stop pulling, okay?" She said, as she looked at him.

He looked back at her, clearly scared and miserable, but willing at the same time.

"Okay. Here we go." She said, as she put her arms around Tyler again and pulled him, finally pulling his foot free as she fell back into the grass, Tyler's body falling on top of hers. "See. That wasn't that bad." She said as she helped him up, seeing his foot looked normal. She pulled off his shoe, seeing his ankle was badly bruised.

"Is it bad?" He said, as he tried not to look.

"You'll live." She said as she slipped the shoe back on. "Try not to put pressure on it."

"Guys!" Danny yelled at them. "Get over here!"

Lisa put Tyler's arm around her neck as she helped him walk over to Danny, who was sitting next to Victoria.

"Victoria!" Tyler yelled as he quickly got out of Lisa's grip, falling to Victoria's side.

"Her legs look broken." He said. "And 911 is busy." Danny said as he looked up at Lisa.

Lisa looked down at her snapped legs. She assumed Victoria must've been thrown from the car when they hit the pole.

"Victoria?" Tyler said to her, as she began to mumble and squint her eyes. "Can you hear me?" He asked.

"T-Tyler?" She said as she looked up at him.

"I'm here." He said back, pulling his full attention to her and not her broken legs. "Everything is going to be okay."

"What happened?" She said, as she tried to move but couldn't. "I-I can't feel...I can't feel anything-" She said, as she tried to move again.

"Try not to move, Victoria." Danny said to her.

"Why can't I feel anything!" She said, as she looked down her body. "I can't feel anything!" She said.

"Victoria calm down, calm down!" Tyler said as he pulled her face to him. "Just calm down."

Lisa turned her head, looking back down the road, seeing a figure slowly stumbling toward them. She turned around completely as she began to walk towards the person. "Hello!" She called out to it, as it didn't respond. "Hello?" She said, as she finally saw clearly what it was. "Sir— are you okay?" She asked, as the man put his arms out, trying to grab onto Lisa. Danny quickly ran over and pushed the man away, as it stumbled back and fell to the ground.

"We need to go." Danny said as he turned Lisa around and went back over to Victoria.

"Tyler—" Danny said.

"I'm not leaving her." He said as he looked up at Danny. "You two can go find help. I'll be here with her."

Lisa watched, as two large helicopters flew over them and down towards the city they were coming from. "I'm not sure how much help is left." She said.

"Please— Lisa." Victoria said, as she called out to her.

"Come on, Tyler." Danny said as he pulled him away, and he struggled to get out of his grip.

Lisa went and kneeled down where Tyler was. "I know what you three have to do." She said as she closed her eyes. "Please take care of him for me." She said to her. Lisa nodded to her, as a tear fell down her face. "Now go." Victoria said.