Taciturn

She smiles at me from across the room, I smile back as she begins to walk towards me.

She steps in front of me and I immediately pick her up. Her legs wrap around my torso as my arms wrap around her.

She inhales my scent as if she hadn't seen me in years. I had been gone for two weeks. But to her it had felt like eternity.

Everything was harder for her when I wasn't around, no she didn't need me. She just wanted me.

Her small fingers run along the side of my neck.

I missed you

A small smile had formed on my face, I love her so much.

My right index finger runs along her neck in a circular motion.

And I missed you

Her head lifts up to reveal her smile, a smile that I would never get used to.

It was so full of light, happiness, and love.

It was as if her life was perfect and nothing wrong had ever happened.

But that was far from the truth, her life wasn't even close to perfect.

Or at least hadn't been.

I let out a small sigh, she didn't deserve anything that had happened to her.

She looks at me with concern spread across her face.

Her index fingers runs down the bridge of my nose as her eyes remain locked on mine.

Are you okay

"I'm fine," I tell her.

Her face scrunches up in an irritated matter and she breaks eye contact with me.

She hated when I spoke, especially when I didn't need to.

"Don't act like that," I tell her.

She looks up at me with pure anger set in her eyes.

Her body is released from my arms and she stands still.

Her hands suddenly go flying in the air, her fury was pretty clear.

I carefully watch each word being thrown at me, I had never seen her this upset.

You've been gone for two weeks and suddenly you forgot the main thing I asked of you? And then tell me "don't act like that". Do you think I asked to be like this? Whatever, don't talk to me.

Tears flow from her eyes as she turns and begins to walk away.

"Sto-"

I pause, it was so frustrating to not speak. Two weeks away from this lifestyle had been heavenly.

I sigh once more before quickly grabbing her wrist and pulling her into my chest.

She inhales shakily as her hand finds my shirt.

She silently cries as I feel my shirt start to become wet.

My fingers lightly run along her spine as she slowly calms down.

I'm sorry

Her hand finds mine and she delicately squeezes it.

I smile, the best thing about her was she didn't stay upset long.

In-fact this was the longest she had ever held out being upset.

I exhale heavily, I'd have to share my discoveries later. Clearly she was upset about something that was more than just me talking.

I push her shoulders lightly to create a gap between us. Her glossy eyes met mine, I smiled lightly at her.

She didn't return the favor.

Confused, I quickly signed, "what's wrong?"

She lightly shook her head before signing, "nothing."

I raised an eyebrow at her, she gave me an eyeroll in return.

I lightly slid my hand down her arm.

I'm not gonna argue.

I walked away and sat down in the living room. I didn't feel the need to turn the tv on. The blank screen and silence seemed to calm me.

I stared at it deeply, allowing my thoughts to circle my head. Though two of them were my main concern. One of them being what was up with her.

Suddenly a gut wrenching thought passed through my mind. Could she be pregnant?

My nerves now set on high caused my body to become shaky. I quickly got up in search of her.

My head spun as I lightly called out for her. Quickly yet carefully I made my way up the staircase. I searched each room as I roamed the hall. The last that was left to check was ours.

I trudged to the front of the door, my hand shakily grabbed it. Taking a deep breath I slowly turned the knob.

And as if this was some clichè lifetime movie, she stood there. In the doorway of our bathroom. Holding in her right hand, the thing that would change our lives forever.

"Positive?" I whispered.

Her small nod was enough of a response for me. The room started to spin, and before I knew I had blacked out. The last thing I had felt was my head hitting the floor.

~♡~♤~♡~♤~♡~♤~♡~♤~♡~♤~♡~♤

I actually started to add to this in my notebook so eventually I'll add to it on here.