Surrogate

"Mr. Dobrik, we've found a surrogate for you and your wife." The man tells me.

My heart skips a beat before I put the phone on mute and immediately scream.

My fiancè's footsteps were clearly heard coming up the stairs. She steps into view, clearly confused as to what had happened.

I quickly remembered I was still on the phone and took it off mute.

"So when can we meet with her?" I ask excitedly.

"This Wednesday " he spoke causing me to gasp.

"That soon?"

"Yes, I will meet with you and her on Wednesday; see you then." He said before hanging up.

"What is happening?" Alessia asks.

"We're gonna get a baby!" I yell before picking her up and spinning her.

"Really?"

"Yes!"

Tears form in her eyes before she locks her lips onto mine. I smile into the kiss, finally life was starting to get better.

<Wednesday>

I park my car at the office and I step out, alone.

Alessia was too busy today to come which of course set my nerves on edge.

I was meeting the woman I would be practically cheating on my wife with. Then I would take her child and most likely never speak to her again.

Fun.

I sighed nervously before walking into the all white building. Almost instantly getting greeted by the man who had arranged all of this.

"Hey, David!" He spoke happily causing me to smile.

"Hi"

"Ok so first, let's head into my office. I want to give you some background of her. She's gonna be a little late anyways." He said as we walked into the secluded room.

I sat in front of him, and he began speaking the second he sat down.

"You never were specific on the race. So I hope you don't mind a bit of a darker baby. She's half Indian half Caucasian." He said.

Though race or skin tone meant nothing to be I hoped it would be fine with my fiancè.

"Yeah that's fine."

"Ok, now about the surrogate. Her name is Elizabeth. And she's pretty experienced in this. She's so far had about four babies. And one just last year too. Yet she's still in almost perfect condition." He says.

"How old is she?" I ask.

"Your age, 25." He says smiling.

Suddenly a knock is heard at the door and I feel my stomach quickly drop.

"And that must be her now." He says getting up and going to the door.

I slowly turn around as the door opens. And incomes a light brown skinned girl. She was wearing a simple red dress. What caught my eyes was her hair. Seeming like a million curls bounced as she entered the room.

Her eyes suddenly meet mine, an almost trance swept over me. I just sit there silently staring into her...gorgeous dark brown  eyes. Her smile radiated and was highly contagious as I found myself smiling for no apparent reason.

I snapped myself out of it and stood up introducing myself.

"David" I say with my hand out, ready to shake hers.